Chapter 21: Suffer

(Author's Note: I'm really really sorry that I haven't updated in so long. I've had track practice, track meets, homework, and writers block. This is literally the third time I've written this chapter up to 1000 words. Lets see if this one works *crosses fingers*) -Bri*

Chapter 21: Suffer

Britt's POV: (Three months later):

"So, anger makes it tick worse than sadness?" The scientist, Dr. Susan Crane, confirms. I shift in my seat out of discomfort. She had pulled me in here in the middle of Sim training and I didn't bother to change clothes first.

"Well, an overwhelming sadness can effect it, but no, not near as bad as anger." I reply.

"Okay, have you ever been able to fully control it?" She asks, her thick Britain accent coming through.

"Um, once I think. If I've ever done it more than that I can't remember." I reply, wondering how many questions she will ask. We've been in this quiet office for an hour now.

"Would you say it's more of a physical challenge over a mental challenge to do so? Or vise versa?" She asks.

"I'd say it's more of a mental challenge. If my Wolf doesn't help me, then I can't do it on my own." I reply.

She sighs in what seems like disappointment and writes something down on a piece of paper.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Just by these answers, with all due respect, I don't think your mothers hypothesis is correct. This virus is just so genetically strong that it's too big of a risk. A lot of us here, including myself, are not Werewolves. I just don't think there's a way. Over the past few months, I've been studying the blood sample I took from you and.." She leans back in her chair in defeat. I could tell my mother had put a lot of hope into this, into Dr. Crane, and it put the weight of the world, literally, onto her shoulders.

"Dr. Crane, it's alright. I didn't exactly have much faith in it, I knew it was strong." I try to comfort her some. Yeah, not my best ability.

She just shakes her head, twisting her lips in thought.

"I'll speak to Nora about it. You can go." She tosses her pen on the desk and stands quickly.

I nod and see my way out by myself.

"Brittany! Get over here for another run!" Smith shouts as I walk past the Sim station. I jog over to him and I reply, "I don't know, it's been a long day Smith, and I told Talon I'd talk to him later tod-"

"This run is important. We're going to mentally challenge you; had one specially created just for you." He states as he pulls a file on the control panel's computer. This is where you input the scene you want.

"I'm not so sure about this, Smith." My voice wavers as I hold my sim weapon. I was really looking forward to getting back to my dorm to see Talon and get something to eat.

"It'll be alright, you know it's not real." He says as he continues to type on the computer.

"Yeah, but- You're not going to put me in that scene are you?!" I stare at the screen. It has a huge dark room, blood all over the floor, with Talon, my mother, Keith, Jenny, everyone laying there, mauled.

"I was. We need to find out what makes that virus of yours tick." He says.

"I'll tell you right now that it's anger, not sadness!" I growl, not wanting to go into that.

"Yes, but this will create anger. You haven't seen the whole scene." He says casually.

"Look, you know it's anger so why does this matter?" I ask, trying to worm my way out of doing this.