Chapter 17: No pain, No Mercy... Just Power

(Author's Note: Dear Writer's Block, I hate you. Please go away. Sincerely, the Writer.. Oh and PLEASE READ THIS: I had to make a very small change at the end of the last chapter. I made it to where Britt doesn't yet shift into her Wolf, Kira just takes control. You don't have to re-read it, but I just needed to tell y'all that. [The change was made on 1/18/16]) -Bri*

Chapter 17: No Pain, No Mercy, Just Power

Britt's POV:

"Everyone back in the house!" Talon yells and Ally along with everyone else follows his orders, only leaving Hades, Talon, Cody, his minions, and myself.

I back up and tell Talon, "Let me have it." He hands me the gun and I take it, setting it on the porch

He looks at me like I'm crazy, but doesn't question me.

"But really, Britt. Is he alive? Or should I finish it?" Cody taunts as he begins to walk slowly.

I take a deep breath to hold my temper, and I can feel my eye color shift. Cody glances up at Keith's room.

He goes to say something else, but suddenly he groans and holds his head in his hands, bending over. He lets out a short yell of pain, then looks up.

His eyes are solid black, black blood pouring out of his eyes and ears. He's turning Savage. The muscles in his arms start to pulse and large fangs, about two inches long, retract from his gums. Hades Wolf takes a step back.

If I don't end this now, it will be much worse; I don't have a choice. I grab the gun and aim, but I let out a short yell when something hard hits me, forcing me to fall to the ground.

Talon is quick to tackle the man off of me, so I grab the gun and shoot the man twice, he was about to get the best of Talon.

I adjust my aim and hit the second man that was with Cody, three shots take down his charging frame. The third almost makes it to me, but four bullets put a stop to him.

I turn back to Cody and aim, but freeze when I see his figure. He grew two feet, towering over us. His teeth retracted two to three inches and his claws are out. He has patches of black fur breaking through his skin and what skin was visible, was turning pale white.

He lets out a menacing growl and crouches a bit, into a charging position.

I pull the trigger and my blood runs cold when I hear a 'click!'

"Talon get a rifle from my room!" I yell and crouch down, ready to shift if he charges.

Hades looks at me, and I can tell by his eyes, he doesn't know what to do.

I look at Cody and he glances up at Keith's window again. That's what he wants.. He wants to kill Keith.

I suddenly start to get dizzy and my legs falter so much that I almost fall over. The trees spin as I try to regain my balance. Before I even get the chance to see straight again, something hard hits me in the side and I go flying fifteen feet to the left.

The dirt, rock, and snow dig into my skin when I skid across the ground. The environment stops spinning and I feel blood trickle down my side from Cody's claws. I sit up just in time to see him duck into the doorway of the house.

"S***." I groan and stand up, clumsily jogging into the doorway, and see everyone panicking in the living room. "What do you want me to do? I can't-" Hades asks, he had shifted human.

I know he can't kill his little brother, he doesn't have it in him. He may have been a horrible person, but Hades obviously loved him.

Cody glances up at the second floor catwalk, where Talon stands in front of Keith's room, trying to load the rifle quickly. Jax is also standing up there with the boys; he's trying to reload his flamethrower. Cody grabs an end-table from beside the couch, throwing it at Talon and just barely missing when Talon hits the floor to duck. Luckily the aim was no where near Jax or the boys.

My adrenaline pumps; for once, I don't know what to do. If he's not stopped, he'll kill Keith.. He'll kill Tal- I let out a short scream of pain and fall on my knees. My head spins so fast that bile rises in my throat, my teeth ache, my eyes pulse inside my skull, and my vision turns tented pink. No.. no! Everything goes numb and Kira is gone. My heart pounds through my whole body and my veins glow.

My body moves according to itself; I have no control and neither does Kira.

I'm shifted into my Wolf, except I seem much bigger than normal. My vision darkens a red tent and I zero in on Cody crawling up the stairs.

Everyone stares at me, fear enveloping the whole cabin. I can't think straight; anything sane is gone.

My legs spring me forwards and I'm up the stairs and on Cody's back in under two seconds with my teeth engraved into his shoulder. We both fall over the railing, hitting the wood floor so hard I hear a crack.

He throws me off, across the room, and I quickly stand. I couldn't feel any pain or any mercy, nothing but a power so strong it could turn anyone into an addict. Into a monster.

I tackle him by hitting his stomach and we hit the wall behind him. Once again, he throws me, but this time, out the window. Even the boards that had "secured" the window didn't stop my flying figure. He follows and I stand upright.

"Alright," His voice is rugged and mixed in with a growl, "If you want to go first."

I hear a shattering sound from an unknown source but lose focus on that when Cody charges again. This time he was too close for me to react in time.

We go rolling and he ends up on top, swiping his long claws across my chest.

A loud gunshot goes off. Next thing I know, Cody is falling to the side of me, dead with a gunshot in his head.

I get up and face everyone who is outside the house, staring at me. A few people take steps back from me. I look up at Keith's window and see him standing there, alive, lowering a rifle. Talon comes running outside and freezes when he see's me.

'No.. Please.' I beg myself over and over. Nothing but the desire to maul, rip, and kill flows through my veins. The yearn for flesh in my teeth, it's strong. My body begins to shake and I let out a growl.

"Britt.." Talon calls out, "It's okay now, it's over, alright?"

Whatever is controlling me looks up at him. I see bad memories flashing in his eyes.

"We can get on that plane, go to the U.K. Remember? You said you always wanted to go to England." He brings up the conversation we had just before all of the "Hades"crap started.

I start to feel my legs again.

"I promise, you'll be alright." He reaches out and walks forward. I start to take control again, but whatever has me in a bind, fights back, and my body flinches forward, ready to attack. Talon flinches as well, but that doesn't stop him.

I feel Kira again, then everything flows back to my control. My teeth retract, my vision goes back to normal color, and my blood stops pulsing through my body.

All of my strength is gone, so Kira shifts us back human with what little power she had left. My vision fades to a grey, than to a black.

That's the last thing I see.

(Author's Note: Sorry this is so short, but it's been so long that I just published what I had. Please forgive me! :/ -Bri*)