Chapter Four - Where's Nova?

- One Month Later -

Mell's P.O.V

Sitting in the dealership's office as Silence took over the room I sat there thinking of everything that's happened over the past month with Nova an' I.

After breaking things off between the both of us along with firing Ashantii as my assistant things had completely turned for the worse.

Know one knew where Nova was - Not her Mama, my Mama, Rach, Trey .. No one.

That night everything went down after she had left the house no one could've gotten a hold of her.

We had her face plastered every where, flyers stapled against walls, search teams out late at night for weeks - We did absolutely everything but at the end there was no Nova.

My biggest fear was when we all stood out front watching as dive teams searched the entire ocean of Georgia looking for her body.

Her not being here cut me deep, I then realized without her I was absolutely NOTHING.

The kids were all now acting different wondering when she'd be back home but we've always told them that she had been on a long vacation so both her an' the baby would come back to us healthy an' happy.

I was a complete mess - I wasn't able to do anything with myself, especially having to take care of four other young children. Don't get me wrong I loved my kids more than life itself but being here with me wasn't what they needed.

They needed both their gramma's.

-
-

"Is Mama coming today daddy?" Nola's soft voice spoke as she took a seat in my lap in the living room.

It was our usual family Sunday dinner with My Mama, Nova's Mama, Rach, Trey an' there two boys, the triplets Halo Hala an Carmello along with Nola an' I.

Sighing lightly feeling the pain as it slowly took over my body I began to frown.

"Not today baby but soon." I forced a small smile assuring her that there was nothing to worry about.

"You promise?" I watched as her little lips formed a pout.

"Positive." I smiled while repeatedly kissing her face creating laughter. "Do daddy a favor an see what your sister's an' Mello are doing."

"Okay daddy." She quickly hopped off my lap making her way out of the living room an' away from all the adults.

Rubbing my hands through my hair while sighing out loud I then made my way into the kitchen where My Mama along with Nova's Mama Mariah stood preparing dinner.

"Hey baby." My Mama spoke first while bringing me into a warm hug.

"How you holding up?" Mariah questioned.

"Not good." I quickly responded. "All I wanna do is to just bring her back home to us."

"We're all hurting." Mariah continued. "I just hope my baby's okay an' so is my grand baby."

Nova was so far along that she could give birth at any moment.

"We'll find her - Nova's a smart girl so if anything we should all know that she's some place safe clearing her head of all the negative things that's happened."

"I didn't mea--"

"Don't start." My Mama quickly interrupted me knowing I was gonna bring up the whole Ashantii situation. "What's done is done - Let's just all pray she gets here fast for the sake of those babies in there."