Chapter Ten - One Step Further.

Mell's P.O.V

Sitting at my Mama's house as she prepared breakfast for the kids an' I, I listened as my phone began to ring.

Picking it up noticing it was Nova I answered instantly.

"Wassup?"

"Are you with the kids?" Her voice sounded as though she had just woken up. "Heaven ran out of breast milk so I'm stopping by to get her."

"What about Mello those?" I questioned.

"I'm coming for them all."

"How long you think that gone be?" I questioned a bit happy over the fact that I would finally get to see her.

"In about twenty."

She disconnected the call before I was able to say anything to her.

Lightly sighing while running my hands through my face I then got up making my way into the kitchen.

"Food isn't done yet?" I playfully questioned as my Mama rolled her eyes.

"You know I just started." She replied back. "I invited Trey an' Rach those over - You should let Nova know we'll all be here today."

"She not gone come."

"Why is that?" She questioned completely confused. "Didn't you two work things out?"

"We did." I quickly replied. "But we've been so distant ever since the last time I went to see her."

My Mama then sighed while turning towards me.

"I didn't wanna say anything." She spoke respectively. "But baby .. You lost that girl."

"Naw." I disagreed. "Nova ain't going nowhere - Imma never lose her."

"Just like your father."

...

-
-

Nova's P.O.V

Making my way into Mama Gena's parking lot while preparing myself for a boat load of talking I sighed lightly.

Ever since Mell an' I had sex a few weeks ago I just couldn't deal with falling back into his arms.

Making my way out of my car an' towards the house I smiled from ear to ear anxiously waiting to see all five of my children.

Ringing the doorbell patiently waiting I peeped through the little peep hole.

"Mama!" I heard my girls all yell out as the door quickly opened.

"Hey mama." Mello brought me into a hug placing a sweet kiss against my cheek.

"Hey baby." I sent a smile his way while running my hands through his low curly fade.

"Hey Mama." Both Halo an' Hala greeted me with warm hugs.

"What are you girls doing?" I lightly giggled as they all looked towards me with mysterious smiles on their faces.

"Nothing." Nola spoke up. "Gramma's making us all breakfast!" She smiled from ear to ear quickly changing the topic.

"Is your daddy here?"

"Yeah." Mello assured me. "In the kitchen with Gramma."

"Wait." I paused. "Where's Heaven?"