Chapter 6

I woke up to someone knocking on my door. My arm was hanging off the couch and I found that I was drooling a little. The knocking continued.

"I'm coming I'm coming!!"

I quickly got up and ran to the door falling over the coffee table on the way there. I went to the door and opened it.

"John? What are you doing here. I thought you weren't picking me up till 1? Ish?"

John looked down at his watch,"Well according to my time it's 1:15? Meaning I'm late? Is there someone in there with you? I heard something?"

I hesitated,"No no just me, I erm.. uh, tripped over the coffee table. And I'm sorry John I completely forgot you were picking me. To be honest I had a strange... night."

John stared at me for a minute or so.

"So.... are you going to invite me in?" I looked at him a couple more seconds and then came back into reality.

"Oh, oh yeah. I'm sorry, I am so out of it. Come on in John." I gave him an 'I'm embarrased' smile. He came in and sat on the couch.

"Nice place you got here Alisa."

"Uh yeah, thanks. Hey you know what? Why don't you watch some, uh, TV... while I go get ready real quick?" I didn't give him time to answer. I quickly tossed him the remote and ran into my bedroom. Shutting and locking the door behind me.

The dress, the mask, and the gloves were sitting on the bed along with the pocket knife. Rose petals all over the bed and on the floor.

I ran into my closet and took out a pair of black leather boots, a pair of blue skinny jeans, and a yellow tank top with a long,thin, grey cover up thingy.. whatever they were called.

I ran into the bathroom and started to undress. I looked at myself in the mirror.. I had I big purplish bruise on stomach from yesterdy... when.... I stopped myself, what happened, happened.

I decided maybe I should hop in the shower real quick before we left. I got in and turned the hot water on.... I couldn't quite take my mind off of my plans for the joker.

If he wanted to play games, so be it. But I wasn't going to lose this time. I couldn't, not today.

I turned off the water and hopped out, looking for my towel. Must've left it in the bedroom. I peeked my head out of the bathroom to see if anyone was in my bedroom. Although it was silly.... I wasn't in the mood to run into someone naked.

I ran out into the bedroom and quickly grabbed a clean towel out of my closet because I couldn't find the one I had used yesterday......

I ran back in the bathroom and quickly changed into my clothes. I wrapped my hair in the towel and applied my makeup. I took down my hair and put it up in a ponytail.

I went out into my bedroom and looked at myself in the full length mirror. But all I could look at was the scar across my left cheek.
John started to knock on the door.

"Alisa? You ok in there?"

I glanced at the door," Yeah I'll be out in a minute!"

I looked at myself one more time and then walked to the door and unlocked it. I walked out of my room and into the living room.

"Took you long enough, it's been half an hour." He laughed a little.

"I- slipped in the shower?" We both stared at eachother a moment and then burst out laughing.

"Come on let's go Alisa." He held his arm out like back then in the old days,"Shall we my lady?"

I grinned and put my arm around his,"We shall."

We eventually ended up going to some Mexican resturaunt. As we walked in through the entrance, I noticed several fliers on the walls....

My eyes widened... each flier had a picture of the boys from yesterday... they were "missing".

All I could think about for the rest of the time there was the hooded man with the knife.. and the gang of boys... I should've just stayed in my seat and kept my head down.

Everytime I seemed to try to stand up for myself or do the right thing.. I'm the one who the walls come crashing down on in the end.

It was around 3 that John dropped me off back at my apartment. He gave me a hug before he left and I thanked him for taking me out.

"Thanks again John, really. For everything. I don't know what I would have done without you.
You're the one who found me, gave me a safe place to stay, and now providing me company. Thank you." I smiled softly at him, searching his kind eyes.

"Anytime Alisa. Just don't ever hesitate to call if you ever need anything alright? I'll see you around." He smiled at me and left. I watched him get in his car and drive away from the living room window.

It was time to get ready for my plan, for tonight. I wasn't going to lose this time, not now. Not ever.