Chapter 7

I awoke about 2 a.m. to a scream. My dreams had been peaceful that night and my mother doesn’t yell when she has a nightmare. That leaves one person. Katniss. Whenever I hear her scream, I go into her room to help her. I throw off my covers and run to her room. Peeta is already awake and holding her while she cries about whatever the dream was about this time.
“Katniss? Are you okay?” I ask her. To my surprise, she gets out of bed and runs to my. She hugs me and I don’t hesitate to hug back. We stay like this until she is holding me so tight I have to let go to breathe.
“Prim, you’re okay. You’re okay.” She says between sobs.
“Yes I am Katniss. What happened? What was your dream about?” I ask soothingly. She seems really upset. She starts crying more.
“Never mind. I’m alright now, I promise. I have Peeta so I’ll be fine. Just go back to bed okay?” She sounds worried, but I want to know what happened. I grab her hands in both of mine.
“Katniss, if you talk about it, you will feel better.” I say to her. She smiles slightly.
Prim, I love you. That’s why I don’t want to scare you with my nightmares okay? She says. I nod. She kisses my forehead and I hug her. I don’t listen to her though. I walk out and close my door, but I’m on the outside of my room. I crawl over to her door and listen.
“It’s okay Katniss, you can scare me with your dreams. I won’t be affected.” Peeta promises her. I hear her take in a deep breath.
“It was Reaping day. Prim was with the 12 year olds and Effie walked up on stage. She went to bowl and picked Prims name out. It doesn’t seem bad, but I had to re live everything I have already gone through. She was in the Arena and it was only you two left. You turned on her though. You killed her. And when her cannon went off, something went into your body and killed you. I was suddenly there and I had to pick which of you to go to. That’s when I started screaming and woke up. I was scared to see you here but then got over it when I realized it was just a dream. Peeta, I don’t want to have that dream again!” She tells him. I think she started crying again.
“Katniss,” Peeta said. I looked in and he had her face in her hands. “It wasn’t real. She is fine. I’m fine. You’re fine. It was a bad dream but I’m here now.” He leaned over and kissed her. She kissed him back and I went back to my room. I felt bad now because I was the reason for her nightmare. She doesn’t have to worry about me but she does, way too much. I lie in my bed and silently cry because I know I’m the cause of her problems. I don’t like it. 
            I wake up the next morning and go downstairs. Peeta and Katniss are sitting at the table eating. I love seeing them together. After all Peeta has gone through just to talk to her, and it turns out she felt the same way. I walk over to them and give Katniss a big hug.
“What time do the mines open?” I ask her. She looks confused.
“6 a.m. So like two hours ago.” She says. Then she smiles, “Going to see Rory?” She asks me. I blush a little and nod.  I got upstairs and get dressed. I put on a flowery skirt and a purple top. I slip on some sandals after I comb through my hair. I go downstairs and I walk outside. I walk through to the other side of town. I walk to the Seam. I go up on the steps and knock the door. Rory answers. I look behind him and see no one. I lean over and kiss him. This one feels different.
“Hi there!” I say with a smile. “Want to take a walk with me?” I ask him. He nods.
“I need to run into town for my mother. She needs some eggs. Can we get some?” He asks me. I nod. Of course, I would buy his eggs. I know he won’t want me to, but I have money in my pocket and nothing to spend it on. We walk into town to the store. We hold hands the whole way and never let go. When we get to the store, I put three dozen eggs on the counter. I pay for them while he is getting one. He pays for it and walks out.
“Here” I say handing him the three dozen eggs and $2 to pay for what he used.
“No, no way Prim. I’m not taking money from you. You earned that money completely and I don’t want any of it. Take the eggs too.” He says. I sigh. I take his eggs and put them in my bag with the money. I hand it back to him.
“At least let me this one time. Please.” He shakes his head, but in defeat. I smile and kiss him on the cheek. He smiles back. We walk back to his house and open the door. I don’t walk in because Gale is standing right there.
“Prim, what are you and Rory doing?” He takes the eggs and the money in the bag. He opens it up and looks inside. He sighs and hands three dozen eggs and money back to me.
“We don’t need your pity Prim. Rory has to go now.” He says pulling Rory inside.
“Gale stop! Wait Prim!” Rory says. He slips under Gales hold and runs over to me. He kisses me, right in front of Gale, and gives me a hug. I kissed him back before he had to go, and I could see Gale was mad. Rory went inside after that and Gale slammed the door. I heard him yelling.
“Rory! Stay away from the Everdeen’s!” I couldn’t stand to hear Gale yelling at him like that. I scream like I’m in trouble.
“Help! Rory help me!” I scream. He runs outside and grabs me.
“What is it!? What’s wrong Prim!?” He asks frantically. I smile a little.
“Gale shouldn’t talk like that to you because you like me.” I say. “Come on”
I take his hand and I can hear Gale yelling at us. We run as fast as we can until we reach the meadow. We sit down in the tall grass, laughing.
“I heard him through the door, it broke my heart. You can’t help liking me. I can’t help liking you. Katniss doesn’t care that I’m around you, only Gale.” I say.
“It’s okay. He is just mad about Peeta and Katniss. He is upset a lot, but I just stay clear of him. He found out I went to see you last night and he was mad. It doesn’t bother me though.” He says and grabs my hand. I hold his hand and we just sit there, watching the clouds. It’s peaceful here in the meadow. Usually people don’t come here because it’s so close to the forest, but we are allowed.
“Rory, you know I have to go on the Victory Tour soon.” I say. I look at him and his expression is sad.
“Yeah, I know. 2 whole weeks without you. I don’t know if I’m going to make it though.” He says to me and I smile a little.
“Don’t worry, I’ll come back and if you come over that same night.” I say smiling. He laughs and agrees to be at our house. He kisses me very quickly, but it was a sweet kiss. Then, we hear someone coming. We look up and see Gale running toward us. He doesn’t look happy.
“Rory, you need to come home now. Mom wants you.” He says pulling him up. I still have his hand so I come up too.
“Prim, go home now. You can’t see Rory anymore. Don’t even come to our house.” He says to me. I know somehow he is serious, but I don’t know what to do. I start crying.
“Please Gale, this is me and Rory. Not you and Katniss. Please!” I beg him. He looks at me a little sad, but shakes his head no.
“Wait! Rory!” I exclaim to him. I run under Gale’s arm and kiss him once more.
“Please don’t go, please! Rory please!” I’m crying a lot now and he just hugs me.
“I’ll try Prim. Please don’t cry.” He whispers to me. He let’s go and Gale grabs him and takes him home. I sit down and cry. I don’t stop crying until Katniss comes and finds me.
“Prim, what’s wrong?” She asks worried. I can’t tell her what happened without her running to Gale’s house and starting a fight that Peeta will have to finish. It will only make Gale madder and he will never let Rory set foot outside the house. I can’t tell her the truth.
“I’m just scared about the Victory Tour. That’s all.” I say to her. She just hugs me tight. It feels nice.
“Come on, the camera men are hear.” She tells me, and we stand up.