Chapter 33

There is a round of knocks at my door and Peeta comes in without waiting for an answer, but he seems to get right to the point.
"Prim, I want you to say something specific at the interviews okay?" He says.
"Sure, anything." I say back curious.
"We haven't told anyone this yet okay? You, Katniss, and I will be the only ones that know." He says and I nod.
"Okay, the night they announced the Quarter Quell and we went to bed, Katniss and I..." He trails off. His face shows worry as though he is questioning to tell me or not.
"You what Peeta?" I ask.
"We... did the toasting. And even though it's not official, make sure they know we are already married alright? Make sure they know that they are tearing apart a new family with these Games okay? Make them feel bad." He says.
"You're already married?" I ask slowly ignoring the rest of the conversation. I look down to his left hand and I see a ring on his finger. How did I not notice this before? How was I so blind to not see the rings!? Even Though I should have known they would do something like this.
"Yes, we are." Peeta says. I look down at the floor and I know I have a sad expression on my face.
"Prim, what's wrong?" Peeta asks.
"Nothing big. I just..." I start to say but stop.
"You just what Prim?" He asks.
"I just... really wanted... to be a bridesmaid." I say and look at him.
"Well, if you get out of this Quell, we will have a giant wedding and I'm sure you will be a big part in the wedding." He says. I smile. Peeta has always been close so it's not like I didn't already count him as my brother in law. Since he proposed I acknowledged him as one.
"So my dear brother in law, Is there anything else you want me to say?" I ask smiling ear to ear.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay, I know this chapter was very short! Lol