Chapter 37

"Do you know where my sister is? Do you know where my husband is? Do you know where any of them are?" I ask her frantically. She nods.
"Katniss, I have some good news and some bad news. Good news, Rory, Haymitch, and Peeta all made it to the roof in time, along with fellow Victors Joanna Mason of District 7, Finnick Odair from District 4, Beetee from District 3, and they were able to get Annie Cresta from District 4 in safety. Also another Victor. Unfortunately, Primrose was captured by the peacekeepers and is currently under the custody of President Snow." She says and my heart sinks to my stomach and I let out a faint shriek because my voice seems to have stopped working. I sit back in my chair with my eyes wide in terror. Then, my voice comes back and I'm screaming.
"Are you going to save her!? She is my sister! She is everything! She is important to this "war" you say we are in! You have to save her!" I scream at Coin. Coin doesn't move at all. She just sits there. No emotion crosses her face.
"We are going to try our best Miss Everdeen." She says but I give her a rude look before she realizes this is the second time she has made this mistake. "Mrs. Mellark." She corrects herself. "But it's a very hard task. There is to be constant security around her and there may not be a way in." She says. All I can do is sit there. I can't say anything. I just look at her. Finally, we start to land. I look out the window and see a destroyed Justice Building but that's all. Then, the ground opens and the hovercraft drops in there. The door opens and I slowly rise to go out. Coin leads us through many twists and turns and she opens a door to a large room and we all go in and sit.
"I have to go back to 12 to get everyone else, stay in here and more people will follow." She says and exits. I go to my mom and wrap my arms around her. I'm really crying now. Prim, is in the hands of Snow. What is he doing to her? Torturing her? Trying to get information about the rebels? Killing her? The list goes on and on. I can't stop crying. I sit with my mom while everyone else talks about what has been going on. I hear Gale and Delly talking, and I hear Hazel trying to keep the kids calm. Rosemary is gaining consciousness again and we explain what happened. She starts crying and I try to comfort her. We all try to calm down for a while and the door opens again. I figure it's Coin, but I look up and see someone else standing there. First I see Haymitch, then I see Rory, and finally my eyes land on his blue eyes. Sparkling with fresh tears as he looks at me and runs in my direction. I stand up and I'm caught in Peeta's arms. I'm making a lot of weird sounds as I cry out my mixed reasoned tears. Happy, sad, anger, stress. All the emotions are there and are staining Peeta's shirt. I can't stand any longer and Peeta and I fall to the ground not letting go of each other. We don't say anything, we just sit there holding one another crying. When he does release me, he kisses me. I kiss him back but I don't let go of him. I don't think I will ever let go of him. I break away from his kiss and wrap my arms around him again.
"Peeta, thank God you're alright. I was worried even after she told me you got out safe." I say. I pull him closer to me. I don't want to let go of him. And I don't, until I feel a sharp pain in my stomach. I yelp as I feel another one. Peeta pulls away even though I don't want him to. Oh no. No, not now. I look at my stomach then back to Peeta. I have a worried look.
"Peeta, the baby is coming." I say. He gets wide eyed and picks me up. He swears under his breath and he takes off running. He runs through the halls and I can hear people behind us. The pain is horrible and I start screaming. I bite my lip until I taste blood so Peeta doesn't have to hear me scream. We get to an elevator that Peeta must have rode in to get to where we were because he knows exactly where it is. He goes in and hits the button that says hospital. That was easy.
"Peeta, I weigh too much. Set me down." I say to him.
"Never." He says back and the door opens. He walks out and yells.
"I need a wheelchair! She is about to have a baby!" And a nurse comes running right away. She puts me in the wheel chair and gives Peeta some paper work. She wheels me into the next room and sets my on the bed where I scream out in pain. Those were all the screams that I held back for Peeta. I hope he can't hear me. 3 doctors come in and get me into a hospital gown.
"Katniss, just breathe. Did you learn breathing exercises?" She asks and I nod. I start my breathing, but the pain is too much. I scream again and Peeta comes in with a mask and gloves on. He holds my hand but I squeeze it until I think it will fall off. He doesn't let go though. He lets me cut off the blood flow to his hand. The doctors start talking again.
"Katniss, push!" They say and I do. I scream in pain as my hips feel like they are being completely split apart. "Push!" They yell again. I hold his hand tighter and push again. I grab the pillow to my right and bite down onto it.
"One more push Katniss! You're almost done." They say again. I push the hardest this time, squeeze harder, and scream into the pillow the loudest, until I feel it. Relief.