14. Circle

(Another media picture of Ethan)

Original Published Date: 30 November 2015

-edited-

Ethan POV

I've been hiding. I've been in plain sight, and I can't face myself. Against that Aaron guy, against Estelle, against her best friend Taylor.

I drove that truck, the one that caused the bus accident. Aaron was supposed to be on that bus, but he wasn't. I almost killed the last family I had left, and her best friend. I don't care about those other kids who were injured or dead. They were irrelevant to me, they had other people to mourn or worry about them I wasn't needed.

Estelle has tried to reach out to me, but I kindly decline. She doesn't mention the anonymous notes I've sent her, why? I'm clueless.

I've been watching her though, the way my father used to. I'd visit her, but she didn't know. Mainly when she slept or was too distracted.

"Hi." I set my beer back down on the table as I turn around.

"H-hey." I stare into her gorgeous green eyes, and my lips crashed to hers as I pulled back. "Mine." I say as I know my breath touches hers.

She smiled. "I'm Danielle, the alphas daughter."

Estelle POV

Victor or James... this should be easy but I'm just going to wait it like a ignorant

I look at Victor in the ambulance truck, so injured with a soon to be disfigured face. James really is my mate. I guess I'll find out when my birthday comes, but it's not right.

James on the other hand was infuriated in the back of the police car.

I shut my eyes tightly and let my heart lead me. Then I ended up running into someone. "Uh, ma'am, you want something?" He asks.

"Yes, actually." I look at his name tag. "Officer Chris. This is my brother." I say.

"Well, your brother is under arrest." He said pulling up his belt.

"I know, but the guy, Victor, provoked it."

"Ma'am how about we talk about this at the police station." 

"That guy in the ambulance is Victor, he is my brothers friend. James had to go run an important errand and so Victor and I were there alone. It was dumb of me but I kissed him and he made a move, but James walked in and he got mad. It was my fault. Please just let him go." I begged, using my pleading face.

He frowned, then looked at me. "Alright, just go make sure the other guys okay and you two head home." He opened the door and took the handcuffs off of James as the ambulance truck drove off.

The officers left only a couple minutes later. "Why'd you do it?" James asks.

"'Cause you're my brother."

"I'm your step-brother, and even then you would've smiled as I drove away from the scene in the back of the cop car."

"Things change, James." I say.

"You know, don't you?"

"I know what?"

Ethan POV

"You know you're beautiful right?" We leaned against her couch and as she started to feed me cherries.

"You know. I'm getting sick of talking."

"I was thinking the same thing." She grabbed the collar of my jacket as she pulled her lips to mine.

Then the whole moment was destroyed by the ring of the door. She jumped up and ran to go get it with excitement.

"Daddy, this is Ethan. My mate!"

Oh, shit.

Estelle POV

"You wanna go check up on Victor or whatever." James ask.

"He'll be fine. He knew what he was getting into when it started."

"Why'd you do it?" James asks.

"Help you, I tol-"

"No, why'd you have sex with Victor?" I ask.

"I'm about to be seventeen. I don't need my brother policing my every move."

"I just wanted to know why?"

"It doesn't matter, it's a long story anyway."

"We have all the time in the world, Estelle. What's holding you back. Do you know? Did he tell you?"

Yes, he did, but I don't want to believe him. "I have no idea what you're talking about. Now stop badgering me." I grabbed her water bottle and went upstairs.

James POV

I plopped on the couch and turned on the tv. We watch too much news because Not A Fox was on. "Was the Alpha and Luna early return a implication or a occasion. You'll find out when we return from the commercial break."

"A early return of Luna and Alpha, that can't be good." Estelle says hopping over the couch.

"You decided to join me?"

"I decided to find out why Alpha and Luna returned early."

"And you couldn't've watched it in your room?"

"Are you asking me to leave?" She asks a little sassy.

"N-no you can stay." I smile, and all she does is sit down with a goofy smirk on her beautiful face.

"We're back. And we're also back with the Alphas daughter, Danielle." The anchor woman smiles.

Then Danielle appeared on the screen. "The reason as to why my mommy and daddy are home early is because of my mate. I found him! He's just a little shy -"

"So she's actually keeping her mate." Aaron said hand in hand with Taylor. Then he let go.

"It's okay, James told me everything. It'll just take some time getting used to seeing, that's all." She smiles weakly and stayed eating more of her grapes.

"In three weeks my father and mother will be stepping down and hand over their position as Alpha and Luna to me and Ethan." She pulled a guy in front of the camera.

"Fuck no." Aaron said.

"Are you shitting me? My worst enemy, is going to become my sister in-law!" Estelle yelled.

I just had to say, "At least we know where he's been hiding this whole time."

============================

How would you guys like to hear Ethans name, with Alpha in front of it?

Okay guys this A/N is because a great WattPad friend of mine has this amazing book, and she just told me about it and I immediately fell in love with it. @Evelina_Angel all you have to do is click her profile and click the book she has. Its amazing, you won't regret it.