26. The Hunter Part 2

(Media picture of Nicks knife

Original Published Date: 22 January 2016

-edited-

Nick

The cold weather is the best time to tell. I've noticed that during the winter some guys and girls still dress in summer wear.

I've also read that a werewolf has, this... that... it's not easy explain, but their wolf gives them extra warmth. Like that Stacey chick and Dan guy, something seemed off about them. I just came from Frantis City, but all the supernatural things are happening here.

I stopped by the schools, but there's one school that stood away from the rest.

Bear Beasts High School, Washington High School, Faulkner High School, Bull Dogs High School. They have grades nine through twelfth grade. Every year they lose the track competition, football games, and soccer games to Hamelton High School. Any smart hunter knows that's the last name of the first werewolf.

Hamelton High School has grades fifth through twelfth. They also have the fastest students in the state. Everything thing leads to Gillian City, I'm not wrong.

I walk stealthily through darkened forest as the sun disappeared from the sky. People talked about the mansion in middle of the woods, so why not check it out. I have a knife made from, Sterling .925 silver, one stab and the werewolf is done for. I don't believe in the silver bullets, but I do know that keeping a elephant tranquilizer dart, with added wolf bane can put them down for while, or forever.

Closer I get to the center, the taller the trees get and the thicker the leaves seem to be. But I don't stumble into mansion, just a little white house, not little but a two story house, but it's not empty, I know that for sure, as I walk around the house, a light flicks on and there's someone standing in the kitchen. I was going to knock on the door, but that's by far the dumbest thing I could do... so I don't. The kitchen light goes off and the door of the house opens. I don't get a good look of the guy, but he seems have noticed a unwanted presence.

He looks at me. "Who are yo-" He cuts himself off at the sight of knife held between my pants and belt. I looked back at him and what ever he was eating he dropped and I was football tackled. He reaches for the knife but immediately let's go, the handle is made from Fine .999 Silver, but it doesn't hurt as much as the blade does. His eyes glow a electric blue, as he pupils dilate. He knows what I am, and tries to make a run for it. I reach for the knife and threw it, but the knife only slices some of his skin that created a white spark at contact.

He doesn't head for the car, but back into the house, he's giving a warning, there's more. I slash the tires, and cut out the locks on the door to the house. But by the time and try and push the door to open, someone else opened it.  "Who the hell are you?"

I look at him, but he wasn't the same guy. "Oh, uh, I'm Colby." I lied.

He looks me up and down, then dead in the eyes. He knows I'm lying. "What's your real name, and what're you doing here? Being out in the woods this late, it's dangerous." He says.

"I know. Your kind lurks around here." I tell him.

"My kind? Kid I'm just like you." I pull my knife out and asks to borrow his hand. "What're going to do?" I he asks.

"I just want you to hold it." I say assuringly.

"Okay." He grabbs the knife, but I has no affect on him. He's human.

I take my knife back look at him. "Sir, I'm sorry, but there's something supernatural going on in your house... may I come in?"

He looks at his watch and yawns. "Maybe another time considering I'm tired and it's two in the mornin."