Chapter three: friend fight; it's normal

The bell rang and everyone charged for the door. I stayed behind and Tara noticed so she walked toward me a little.

          “Charlotte, aren’t you coming?”  Tara asked me.

“Yeah, in a sec. I just have to ask Mr. Benz a few questions.” I told her. She nodded and walked out of the classroom. I closed the door and walked up to his desk.

          “Hey Charlie.” He said.

“Hi Benz” I said a little shy.

          “You know you can call me Joe.” He chuckled. I smiled and leaned on his desk. “I was thinking we could do something, soon.” Benz er- Joe said. I nodded in agreement.

“But we can’t do anything in public or at my house because of my mom.” I explained to him. “But we are keeping it clean meaning nothing dirty… for now.” I said with a slight grin.

          “I’ll try, but I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t be your first time.” He said with a grin.

“It wouldn’t but I don’t plan on doing anything anytime soon. Last time was a mistake.”

          He nodded and started writing something down on a piece of paper. He handed me the paper.

          “This is my cell number, email, and my apartment address.  Come, tomorrow night, and I’ll cook for you.” I was blown away. A guy never cooked for me. So I decided to be my smart self and make a comment.

“Oh, so you cook too, eh?” I said sarcastically. He laughed at me.

          “Well I have to go but I’ll see you tomorrow.” I said and swiftly walked out the door. I felt like the luckiest girl in the world. I had a huge grin on my face. As I walked out of the classroom, I bumped into Tara.

          “What were you doing in there?” she interogated.

“I was uh, asking Benz a question.” I told her hesitantly.

          “You should have gotten a quicky.” She winked at me. I laughed a little feeling a bit awkward.

          We walked home and it was weird. All I was thinking about was Joe. I was being awkwardly quiet and Tara was looking at me every once in a while with a weird expression on her face.

          “What?” I asked

“You look like you’re deep in thought. What- wait scratch that. Who is the guy?” she asked staring at me intently.

          “Uh no one.”

“Charlotte! What is his name?” She pleaded sounding like a five year old.

          “His name is Joe.” I wasn’t going to tell her who he was. Tara is my best friend, but it’s really hard to tell her secrets sometimes because she likes to gossip a lot. She started interrogating me with so many questions, but I just ignored them. I finally got home and I ran in my room. I logged into my email because I wanted to talk to him but my cell died, and using the house phone wouldn’t be a good idea because someone could easily eavesdrop.

To: jbenzzz@gmail.com

From: Me

     Hey babbbbyyyy… loving the email address

From: jbenzzz@gmail.com

To: Me

     Hahaha, thanks. And now I’m baby eh? I want a nickname for you too; I’ll call you sweet thanngggg ;)