Chapter thirteen: don't be jealous

I woke up from bed actually feeling refreshed. I did my morning routine consisting of showering, brushing my teeth, and applying a little bit of make-up. I threw on sweatpants and a tank shirt not caring about the chilly weather. I didn’t bother with breakfast this morning, I just walked out of the door and to my surprise Collin and Harry were there. I slowly approached them.

          “Hey?” I hesitantly said.

“Hey Charlotte, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have stormed out on you like that.” Harry spilled out. I nodded in response. I was still mad at him for talking to my parents but whatever; I guess I have to get over it. I looked over and noticed Collin was staring at me. I flashed him a small smile so it wouldn’t be awkward. We walked to school rather quickly. When we arrived to the place I call hell, I went straight to my locker. I stood there until the bell for homeroom rang. I walked to the door of my homeroom. I took a few deep breaths and strolled in with my head up high pretending like I was fine. I sat in my usual desk which was still directly in front of his desk. He looked at me with sad eyes. I felt bad but it was for the best. He cleared his throat loudly and stood up.

          “Uh class, the senior supper is coming up. It’s this Saturday at six in the banquet hall. The paper does say you can bring a date, so yeah. Oh! Have your parents fill out a permission slip.” Joe announced to the class.

“Mr. Benzoli, are you going?” a blonde asked.

          “Yes Amber.” He replied.

“Are you bringing a date too?” she asked. Tara sat next to Amber snickering.

          “Um, no.” he looked down and sat in his chair.

“Well my sister is really young, pretty and single. You can go with her if you want.” Amber offered. I glanced up at Joe to see what he would say. He kept his head down low.

          “I don’t think so.” He mumbled. I sighed in relief.

“Come on. She’s really pretty. She’s picking up today and we can arrange it then.” She attempted to persuade him.

          “Fine.” he simply said. My head shot up fast. I couldn’t believe he was actually going to go out with a stranger!

          “Cool! We’ll talk about it later.” Amber said satisfied. I shot her a death glare and she looked at me confused as always.

          I couldn’t believe Joe would do this, but yet again, I felt it was my fault. He told me he wanted to start over but I rejected him even though I missed him terribly. The bell rang snapping me out of my thoughts. I decided to skip first period. I head straight to the cafeteria. It was pretty much empty. I sat at a table by myself. I needed to clear my head. I felt sad, angry, mad, upset, heartbroken and just jealous.

          I laid my head down but shot it back up when I heard talking. I looked up and saw people giving me weird looks.

          “What!” I snapped at them annoyed. They quickly scrambled away. I was tired of this. Tired of being in such a bad mood and depressed all the time. I need to forget the past and start over. I got up and walked down the empty hallway. I attempted to open my locker but it was jammed.

          “Need help there?” I turned around and saw Collin.

“My locker is jammed.” I said.

          “Here let me help.” Collin went up to my locker and banged on it three times, and it opened.

“Thanks!” I exclaimed. I started to put my books in my messy locker. I heard footsteps assuming Collin was walking away.

          “What are you two doing? You should be in class.” Of course, it was Joe.

“We kind of needed a break. Mrs. Kennedy was putting me to sleep.” Collin joked.

“Wait, Mr. Benzoli, are you really going on a blind date with Amber’s sister? They come from a line of bimbos.” Collin said with a chuckle.

“I don’t think that’s any of your business. Now get back to class.” Joe said attempting to sound mean. I shut my locker and started walking to class with Collin and Joe walked behind us.

          “Col, who are you taking the Senior Supper?” I asked curiously.

“No one so far.” He replied.

          “Well I was wondering-“

“Charlotte, I would love to go with you.” He replied with a cheeky grin. He put his arm around my shoulder and that’s when I knew everything would be okay again.