Chapter 11

The next few days passed at a snail's pace. Arabella had been restless, so when Severus found Arabella ready to leave before 9 O'clock he wasn't surprised.

"I've been awake for hours" She admitted, sheepishly shuffling her feet, "I already ate" She added, grinning at Severus's exasperated sigh.

"You've been to Hogwarts before. It won't be any different"

"Of course it's going to be different" Arabella explained, her eyes widening, "I'm going to be a student now, not just Professor Snape's unknown daughter visiting for the holidays"

"Forgive me," Severus rolled his eyes, "I didn't think the experience would be any different"

"Everyone's going to know that big, bad Professor Snape has a daughter" Arabella grinned, "You'll have to work twice as hard to keep up your reputation"

"I think they'll be less surprised about it when they realise your Sirius Black's daughter" Severus reminded, "I hope you know what you're in for, keeping that bloody name"

With a shrug, Arabella turned back to the telly, "I've prepared myself for anything. Don't worry about me, Sev"

If it was that easy, Severus sighed to himself, busying himself with breakfast.

It was going to be a long year. Arabella knew that all the students outside of Slytherin shared a hatred for Snape. He was a great potions teacher, except he favored his house and was terrifying to the rest.

And by keeping the Black name, she was proudly outing herself as the daughter of criminal, Sirius Black.

But either way, Arabella found that she didn't care. Any name that she took would either be looked down upon. At least with Black, she felt confident no one would risk upsetting Sirius Black's daughter.

Arabella glanced back at Severus, watching as the man red his paper and ate at the same time. He was taking his time on purpose; usually Severus was ready for school at the crack of dawn.

"Do you think the Boy Who Lived will be attending Hogwarts?" Arabella spoke suddenly. She heard the paper crinkle in distress under Severus's hands and raised a brow.

"Most likely" Severus finally spat an answer, "Why?"

"He's the Boy Who Lived, Sev. We don't know anything about him other then he defeated Voldemort" She said, her lips pulling upwards, "He'll be like a celebrity at Hogwarts! Maybe he's pompous and will get a big head about it, or maybe he'll be shy. Don't you want to know?"

"No" Severus growled, glaring holes through the paper. The last thing he ever wanted was Arabella mingling with Harry Potter, and whatever trouble he was bound to bring, "In fact, I think it's time we catch the train"

The Boy Who Lived forgotten, Arabella cheered. It was finally time to go to Hogwarts!

 ~~~

King's Cross Station was as busy as Arabella remembered. It wasn't just the muggles going along their business, but witches and wizards running to catch the Hogwarts Express.

Severus gestured to the pillar, where the last family disappeared, and drawled, "May I suggest haste?"

Arabella lined herself up with the bricks and allowed him to press a quick kiss to her head, "I'll see you there!" She didn't wait for him to reply, taking off running with her trolley with a gleeful laugh.

Platform 9¾ was still bustling with people. Arabella was surrounded by families saying farewell, and for a fleeting moment, she was hit with a sense of longing for her own family.