Chapter Thirty : Jester

His Highness Nigel's POV :

It had been four hours since we left them on purpose because we wanted them to spend sometime alone and that's the reason Karen and I lied.

I hope that grumpy cousin of mine doesn't mess things up. Since childhood, the guy has been followed by girls and they went crazy for him but he never had a girlfriend because he takes relationships seriously. He cannot tolerate fake things or fake people. That's Henry and his nature that is, that makes him that dark, mysterious and smoking hot guy with his 'I don't give a fuck about' attitude who people are attracted to the most.

And if he falls for someone then there's a big deal.

No wonder why he loves Rose. She is charming, sweet and honest. You hardly find such girls these days with not only a pretty face but a beautiful heart as well. I was delighted to meet her but her sadness made me doubtful. What can cause such a girl to be so remorse?

As far as I know Henry and how much he loves her, he would even give up his life for her. Let alone hurt her. He never believed in love life or happily ever after, but now that he got someone to love and care, he wouldn't be so lonely and distant. Henry has always been emotionally detached and cared less about people's feeling but for his family.

"Where are you going?" I asked Karen as she headed towards her car slinging her bagpack over her shoulder.

"Stuff. Study stuff. Meant for intelligent people." Karen turned back, "Unlike you."

"Geeky nerds." I called out. She stopped and turned around again, "Meant for nerds, like you." I grinned.

Karen rolled her eyes and called out loud, "By the way, I found panties of your chick on the floor before my room."

I face palmed myself. Why does she have to say that out loud in front of everyone?

A minister passing by, gave a silent laugh and I called out, "Hey, old pal! How's it going with your wife?"

"Pretty good, sir." He turned serious and fixed his lorgnette.

"Tell Laura that I miss her back massage terribly." I grinned mischiviously and his face paled. The minister gritted his teeth and left without a word.

I ruffled my hair when saw a girl walking towards the entrance and coming up closing.

"Hey babe! How was your date?" I asked Rose but she eyed me sadly and left towards her room.

Henry followed behind her and I kept giving him a death glare. "What?" He snapped.

"You messed up."

He nodded curtly and ruffled his hair. "Sire, we have an event to plan." A minister came up with a file in his hand and I gestured him to go further. "You need to give her space." I advised.

"I already did." He answered, frustrated.

"It's still your fault." I deadpanned him while he flayed his arms in defeat, silently asking me about my verdict, "She is innocent and always been, I trust her. But her husband isn't a saint, is he?" I smiled sarcastically and he chose to be silent. There were very less occasions when I got a chance to prove him wrong and the same irritated look that he made usually made me happy but this time it's not the same bro-argument.

We walked towards the conference hall where the ministers were already waiting. Henry signalled with his hand to let everyone sit as they stood up when we entered. At the end of the long, oval mahagony table, he sat at the last seat. He never sat at the main seat just to make sure his eyes were on everyone and so that... I could take care of my responsibility properly.

"Proceed." He ordered and rested his head on his hand, with his elbow on the support arm of the throne like chair.

The minister stood one by one with different matters and at last the topic about Karen's birthday popped up. Henry, who had been slouching in his seat now sat up and looked at me with confusion.

I gave him a knowing look and snapped at him mentally, "Don't give me that shit that you forgot her birthday." He nodded meekly and smiled lightly.

The event managing team came up with their ideas and they spoke all about how they planned Karen's favourite, pink, girlish party. Geez, never thought we would have to discuss such thing.

Henry seemed to doze off during the whole discussion and I had to raise my voice to different pitch everytime to get his attention back. He was so annoying, sitting back, putting on silent jokes that were distracting me and it was tough to control my laughter.

Typical Henry.

When the meeting was finally called off, he stood up and left abruptly like a kid after school. I know he is still frustrated. He used wit everytime to hide his disappointment.

****

A/N:

Don't forget to put your star, comment and follow!

Instɑgrɑm : endcore_ap