Chapter Thirty Five : Masks And Mini Mannequins

***

Her Highness Queen Rose's POV :

Slow winds and chimes of the crystal dream catcher were all I could feel, hear and absorb as my dreamy surrounding. It felt phlegmatic to my soul as if this was the type of sleep I had been yearning since the day I opened my eyes. I never wanted to wake up but I did, unsure of what reality was.

I fluttered my eyes open to find myself on the bed and the silk sheets covering me till my breasts. I slowly got up having no idea of how and why did I end up in our bed during the mid day.

For few minutes, I calmly stared around and breathed deeply trying to adjust myself a little then I decided to remove the sheets that covered me. I dangled my legs off the bed and my arms supported me to get up. I have no clue as what the time is because I don't want to be late. It's Karen's birthday.

As per as I got the knowledge, she is turning five hundred. That's five centuries but she still looks youthful and not to mention, beautiful. All those paintings and sculptures, she made are hundreds of years old nevertheless she maintained it like it were made just yesterday. This is what gave me an idea of what I would give her. It's not expensive or fancy but since she said that she is extremely fond of detailed human sculptures and figurine, I think I got the correct gift.

I folded the sheets carefully and lay them against the bed before padding across the room to check what time it was. A small gasp escaped my lips as I saw that it was almost six. The guests would be here by eight as much as I am informed. That means, I have just two hours to prepare the gift and get ready. That's enough time to get myself ready for the event but not sufficient enough to prepare the present. Taking a little extra time wouldn't hurt. Right?

I hope it shouldn't.

Moving in the bathroom, I splashed water on my face and dried with a towel. I came out and quickly picked up a rubber band from the large mirror vanity and tied my hair in a lose bun. I tucked some hair strands that fell on my face behind my ears and straightened my dress. I know it's not a condition in which I am supposed to be seen as a queen but I don't look that bad at all. Do I?

I smiled funnily and twisted the door knob but before I could pull it open, it swung open slowly. I froze to the spot to see Henry standing before me.

"Eager for me, love?" He grinned mischievously and I gave a small shy smile. I find him so attractive and loving with each passing day that sometimes I feel like what would my life be without him.

Before I could open my mouth, he stepped in and closed the door behind him. He grabbed my waist and pulled me to him before trapping me between the door and his body.
"Now, doll. How are you feeling?"

"I feel good. But I think I slept a little more the I intended to." I smiled at him again and he leaned closer not breaking the eye contact. He swiped my lower lip with his thumb and lightly plunged it. His hand that lay on my waist, made its way a little above, just below by breast, almost touching it. His arm pulled me close till our chest collided.

Our breaths mixed and he was so dangerously close, my heart raced against my chest and I felt like he would kiss me any moment. "If you had intended then you wouldn't have even slept. Am I correct?"

I nodded my head subconsciously then when I realized, I quickly shook my head a no. Henry chuckled and kissed me by surprise. I rested my hand on his shoulder and let myself sink in his pleasurable comfort. He pressed my back against his torso and his tongue played with mine. His hand that cupped my face, traveled to my waist and descended down to my skirt and lifted it up a little to slowly rub my thighs in a sensual manner. It was so soothing that I moaned in his mouth. His hand grazed my inner thighs then made its way out of my skirt but that was not all just as I thought, he touched my waist and rubbed my belly before tracing the curve of my breast. He gave it a little squeeze and I yelped a little louder then I meant to but he just smirked darkly at me. I stared into his eyes and it made my breath faulter at his darkly handsome features.