Chapter Thirty Nine : Queer Noise Of Silence

*Unedited*

*Super LONG chapter*

A/N:

You see my writing skills have degraded somewhat since the first few chapters and hard to bear. I hope you can cope up with it. :'(

This chapter took me a lot of time.. (twice)

I am so tired!

And yes, your fabulous support is precious since it gives us inspiration to put more effort.
🌠

***

****

Queen Rose POV :

We were moving through the dense night with a breakneck speed which made me hold his body tightly. He was a fiery yet careful rider but this speed was hard for me to cope.

"Can you slow down a bit, please?" I edged closer to him and spoke.

"But we are already moving with minimal speed, baby." He snapped back.

"This is what you call minimal?"

"Vampire zone alert, Rose. Slow driving isn't tolerated here." He answered before taking another turn.

"But it can cause accident." I asserted.

"That hardly happens. We are not natural. You know that." Henry supplicated and I observed another rider moving past us with higher velocity.

"This is strange." I muttered.

"Your human eyes observe everything in a fast motion while our perception is quick, so it appears normal." He slowed down the bike and in a moment we were on a clear road with no other riders.

"Hmm." I hummed in response and hugged him tighter.

"You know what? Now there is high possibility of accident with you torturing me from behind." He sighed.

"You don't like it?" I innocently blinked at him from the rearview mirror.

"You... I will see you tonight." He growled making me straighten up and blush bright red.

The road seemed endless and this particular place was quiter than the others. The buzzing noise of the city had vanished now replaced by the cricket cries and the rustling sound of the motorbike.

The cold breeze brushed against my body and I shivered. Watching the large coninfers leave past us with the large white moon throwing its rays on the canopies, my sight landed on the gleaming neon sign at an appreciable distance.

"Is that the place?" I pointed at the sole lit building in the midst of the dark roadside.

Henry merely nodded and rode the bike with quititude. Sometimes I find his silence strange. He usually answers with minimum replies which are either meaningful or sarcastic. I have noticed him speaking openly with me and that's what makes me glad because at least he is opening up to me.

I pulled my skirt a little below feeling the air rush in again and seeping its coldness through. Wearing a dress wasn't a good idea but I was so excited that it didn't occur to me. All I cared for was him.

Henry parked the bike at the parking lot of the so called small midnight snack corner which looked more like a large roadside restaurant. I dismounted myself from the bike and so did he. Taking off the helmet, I breathed deeply and noticed him through my peripheral vision.

I blinked at him questioningly and tilted my head. "What is it, Henry?" I asked innocently because he had been too lost in observing me that I was starting to feel my skin heat up under his gaze.