Chapter 32 - The Date and Aaron no. 2

I nervously wiped my sweaty hands on my jeans before ringing the doorbell. I had gotten a bouquet for Sarah and a nice rose for Mrs. McCarthy.

The door opened revealing Chris with his hands folded across his chest and a smirk on his face. I smirked back at him.

"Jack." He said with his voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Chris." I repeated with my voice picking up his dripping sarcasm.

"So, this is what Sarah is getting so dressed up for?" Chris smirked and I nodded feeling giddy inside knowing that Sarah is getting dressed up for me.

"I wanted to take her on a date, Chris." I said and smiled at him. He smiled back and stepped back so that I could enter the house.

I entered the house and looked around to find Mrs. McCarthy but I couldn't find her.

"Looking for someone?" Chris questioned from beside me and I nodded my head.

"Elizabeth. She isn't here?" I asked and it still felt weird to call them by their first names.

"Oh, she's helping Sarah get dressed." Chris said and I nodded in understanding.

"Oh, okay."

"Why don't we go sit in the living room and wait for the girls? " Chris offered and I smiled my approval.

We both went to the living room and sat on the couch. I still had the bouquet and rose in my hands.

"So, how's school?" Chris asked as he picked the TV remote from the coffee table and switched the TV on.

"It's okay. Hectic but okay." I said with my eyes on the TV.

"Well, what about college? Have anything in mind about that?" He asked and glanced at me.

"No. I didn't think about college, actually. I want to go but haven't done much thinking." I honestly replied.

"Well, Sarah wants to go to UCLA so I suppose you'd want to go there too." He stated and I smiled at the thought of Sarah and I going to the same college.

"I'd actually like that. But let's see what happens." I shrugged and Chris nodded and then went back to watching the news channel.

After a moment of silence, we heard footsteps coming down from the stairs so we both got up and went out the living room.

The moment I got out of the living room, I felt like the luckiest person to be alive. Sarah had really gone all out on this date and I felt all giddy like a high school seeing her all dressed up like this. And ironically, I was a high school girl.

"Close your mouth, Jack. That's really unlady-like." Chris whispered in my ear with a smirk and I rolled my eyes before closing my mouth.

How embarrassing.

Shut up, brain.

"Hi, you look nice." Elizabeth smiled as she came towards me followed by Sarah.

"Oh, are these for me? You're such a gentleman. Or woman." Elizabeth said while snatching the bouquet from my hands.

I opened my mouth to protest about how the bouquet was for Sarah but I immediately closed my mouth when Sarah came in front of me.

"Hi." She shyly said and then looked at the ground.

"Hi." I smiled at her when she looked at me.

"You look really beautiful." And she really did with her pale pink summer dress and black flats with her hair swept to the side exposing her beautiful neck.

Coming Outजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें