Chapter 4

Chapter 4

(ASH POV) 

 It's finally Friday the week was uneventful, except for Rachel of course and making the teams point guard this year. Gabriel is still ignoring me and she is still hanging with Declan and that other group of friends she made. Also apparently from what I heard, Declan asked her to be his date to the party. I guess I'll just tell her to watch out for him, Oh speak of the devil I saw her leaning on her locker with her group of new friends. Well it's now or never, I walked over to her group of friends.

"Gabriel can I talk to you for a second," I paused and stared at her friends "Alone" I ask she looked confused but nodded

"Um I'll catch up with you in a few" she mumbled to them as the girl with the strawberry blonde hair eyed me curiously. With that they walked away leaving Gabriel and I by ourselves staring into space. Well this awkward I should have waited till next week or should have thought this conversation through at least.

"Um well I don't know how to say this, but I think you should be careful around Declan" I looked at her as her head snapped towards me with an angry expression.

"Why? He has been nothing, but kind to me this week I don't have a reason to be careful around him, like I have to be with you" She frowned at me and I looked at her confused

"What, I didn't do anything to you, last time I checked you were the one ignoring me without a reason" I snapped back at her.

"I do have a reason"

"What reason, you didn't want to be seen with me right" I asked angrily

"You know what, fine sure I didn't want to be seen with someone like you!" she half shouted at me looking as mad as I felt, but I have to admit that did kind of hurt, but I'm not going to let her see that.

"Someone like me I figured that was reason," I laughed and narrowed my eyes at her she opened her mouth to speak, but I cut her off.

"Look just save it and keep your distance from Declan" I told her turning around to walk away.

"I'm not going to stay away from him he's harmless" She said still angry

I looked over my shoulder "I warned you already and if something happens don't be mad when I tell you I told you so" I think I pissed her off even more when I said that because I heard her hit the locker then curse.

(Gabriel POV)

 Samantha, Jenna, Amber and I were just about to head out to go to the mall to shop when Ash came over.

" Hey Gabriel can I talk to you for a second alone"  I stared at her confused thinking about what Declan told me I nodded reluctantly and turned to my friends.

"Um guys I'll catch up with you in a second" I told them Samantha looked at Ash curiously before nodding and walking off. We stood there for a good minute with neither of us speaking what's the point in asking to speak to me when you're not going to I thought to myself staring at a dot on the locker next to me.

"Um well I don't know how to say this but you should be careful around Declan" She said causing me to snap my head in her direction angry.

"Why he has been nothing but, kind to me this week I don't have a reason to be careful around him, like I have to be with you" I asked angry and confused as to why Ash was telling me this.

"What, I didn't do anything to you last time I checked you were the one ignoring me without a reason" she barked back.

"I do have a reason" Preparing to tell her, but I was cut off.

"What reason, you didn't want to be seen with me right" she asked angrily I was shocked and angry that she would think I was ignoring her because I didn't want to be seen with her. 

"You know what fine sure I didn't want to be seen with someone like you" I shouted angry with her. I immediately regretted it when I saw hurt flash through her eyes, but it was replaced by coldness as she narrowed her eyes at me I was going to apologize but she spoke first.

"Someone like me I figured that was the reason" she laughed with no humor in her voice, I opened my mouth to speak, but she cut me off again

"Look just save it and be keep your distance from Declan" she turned around walking away. Wait no Declan is honestly a nice guy.

"I'm not going to stay away from him he's harmless" I told her pissed off Declan couldn't hurt a fly right. I'll ask Samantha about it just in case

She looked shoulder "I warned you already and if something happens don't be mad when I tell you I told you so" she walked away as I kicked the locker god shoot that hurt! I grabbed my bag and headed to the parking lot where my friends were talking.

"Sorry it took so long" I apologized to them, which they quickly dismissed

"Let go shopping" Jenna squealed jumping into Nissan coop with Amber.

While me and Samantha got in my white Rav 4. We were in a comfortable silence listen to the radio when Samantha finally spoke up.

"So what did she want?" She asked a glance at her to see she staring back at me I turned back to the road.

"Nothing" I mumbled not really wanting to talk about it.

"You know you can talk to me anytime you want I won't tell anybody" she said I smiled at that and nodded.

"I know, but what do you think of Declan" I asked

"Well he's a good guy from what I heard from other people I have no problem with him. Why?" She asked

"Nothing just something I was told" I pulled into the mall lot and parked next to Jenna who was bouncing up and down next to Amber.

"Calm down girl" Samantha said as we walked in the mall.

"Ok Girls let's do this we only have 7 hours to find clothes" Jenna said and ran to the closet store that sold dresses.

"We aren't going to be here for 7 hours are we?" I asked Amber and Samantha

"Most likely yes" Amber answered back before going into the store Jenna ran into.

" Come on it's not going to be that bad"

( 6 1/2 hours later)

"I'm never going shopping with you guys again," I stated as we made our way to the car

" Oh hush up it wasn't that bad we have got everything we need for the party" Jenna said rolling her eyes at me. It's true we did get everything we needed for the party, but still 6 ½ hours of shopping I didn't like it at all.

"Yeah, stop complaining you have a cute little dress" Samantha said smirking at me as I huffed. They forced me to buy this dress that I didn't like very much it showed a little too much skin for me and it looked too dressy, not to mention the heels i can't walk in.

"I still don't like the dress"

"You'll look fine now stop mumbling and take me home" Samantha said hoping into my truck.

"Yes Ma'am" I said and pulled off. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------