Chapter 14 - Secrets

*A bit of sexual language and quite a few swear words, beware lol ;)*

The cool night breeze that hit me as soon as we exited the club was soothing and helped me start breathing normally again. Slate put me back on my feet and I leaned my back against the brick wall.

"FÙCK!" Slate screamed finally getting out all of his rage as he slammed his fist into the brick wall a couple feet away from me. I bit my lip, I could only imagine how badly that was going to hurt his already bruised knuckles. I looked forward and saw Christian pacing back and forth most likely trying to calm himself down, he looked on the verge of punching the brick wall as well. I switched my gaze to Bash and if any random person would look at him they'd probably say he looked calm but I knew Bash too well, I saw his white knuckles, and ticking jaw and those seemingly calm eyes looked like they were on the verge of killing someone. How had I gotten so freaking lucky? These three guys cared so much about me that they were willing to kill the guy who hurt me. Slate walked towards me holding his bloody fist and he leaned down so that we were at eye level.

"Willow, I need to know who did this to you." He said his voice vibrating with badly concealed anger and an urgency in his eyes that was a thousand times more present then yesterday night when I told him about the guy who had grabbed me on my walk home.

That's why I couldn't tell him, I couldn't tell him because I wasn't going to put his life or any of the other guys' life in danger because I couldn't just keep my mouth shut.

"I'm not sure who it was. Guess I was just in the wrong place at the right time. It was just supposed to be a robbery I think but I told them I didn't have my wallet and I guess they got mad." I said fighting the pain in my jaw and cheek as I talked. Or rather, lied. I was pulling a story out of my ass but it was what I had to do. My voice came out steady and made sure not to touch my earring, or break eye contact. This lie was too important to give away and what was one more little secret anyways?

"Then I'm going to kill every last fücking person inside that club." Slate said, his voice so cold that it would send chills down any person's spine. Seriously why the f*ck was I getting turned on by him right now? Something is seriously wrong with me.

Christian grabbed Slate's shoulder roughly so that they were facing each other. "I'm with you man, I want to kill whoever it was too, but you know as well as I do that they're long gone by now." I saw Slate take in what I assumed was supposed to be a calming breath as he nodded his head the slightest bit at Christian. Christian turned his head to look at Bash, who nodded his head slightly too, agreeing with Christian.

"Come on, we need to get Willow back to our place, she's in pain." Christian said not talking to anyone in particular as he walked over to me. Bash followed and noticed me shiver as another cool breeze blew over me and he undid his button down shirt and wrapped it around my shoulders leaving him in only an under shirt.

"Thank you." I said as I pushed myself off of the wall and nearly lost my balance because my eyes went blurry for a second.

"Willow, at least let me carry you." Slate said appearing at my side and I shook my head no.

"They broke my face, not my legs." I said trying to lighten up the mood but Slate's expression only grew darker as he brought his gaze over my injured cheek once again. I stepped out of my heels not wanting to wear them and Christian bent over and picked them up before I had the chance.

"Thanks." I mumbled for what felt like the hundredth time today. We began walking back to Slate and Christian's penthouse in silence. Slate had his arm around my waist and I had a feeling it was more to calm himself down than it was for me, but I didn't mind. After a couple of minutes Slate released a loud breath before turning to me.