Chapter 5- The Drive

Chapter 5

I woke up to the constant beeping of my phone alarm going off. I shut it off, and sat up. All the memories come floating back to me. Falling asleep on the couch, the feeling of being picked up by Shane, being held into his chest. Cuddling into him. Him setting me down on the bed and kissing my forehead and how the butterflies stayed for the longest time. I just want to go back in that moment. I wish I could go back and tell him to stay with me.

I get up and go to the washroom, I find a hair brush. I brush through my wavy hair. "Ow," I complain about all the tangles. Fix some of the running make up, and walk out of the bathroom only to run into someone's shoulder. Of course that shoulder would have to be Shane's.

"Whoa there Sweet Cheeks, still tired? What are you doing up so early?" He questions, I look down slightly embarrassed now realizing that he's only his pajama pants that are hanging very low. But who's complaining?

"I have soccer again this morning," I state looking back up at his deep blue sparkly eyes. His smirk gave me butterflies.

"Oh what time is that at?" He asks as we sit on the couches in the basement. It's nice down here. Feels like home, but so does the rest of the house.

"Starts at 7:30" I state running my hands through my hair.

"Oh, why are you up now then?" He wonders, his curiosity makes me laugh.

"Because I still need to stop at home," I shake my head, "Why are you up and half naked already?"

He smirks at the fact that he knows I've noticed he's only wearing pants "Work starts at 7:30, but I have to take the bus because my truck is getting new tires,"

"I can drive you if you want to be a bit early, where is it at?" I ask without thinking. Did I really just offer him a ride? The surprised look on his face gave it away that he wasn't expecting it either.

"Are you sure?" He seems unsure.

"Yeah, we can leave whenever, I just need to stop at my place and get ready then I can drop you off," I offer.

"Ok, I'll go put a shirt on," he says getting up and jumping over the couch and walking into his room.

A couple minutes later he walks out, "Ready?"

"Let's go" he says smiling. I get up and grab my bag. I run to my truck and start it up. The music starts playing loudly.

"Were you rocking out in here?" He laughs doing up his seatbelt as I turn it down.

"Just a bit," I joke.

The drive there was just me laughing at Shane making stupid jokes and comments. I pull into the underground parkade and take my spot. He followed me into the elevator, I hit the button for floor fourth.

"You live on the fourth floor?" He asks as we get out.

"Yeah, there's an upstairs in here too," I say opening the door to my apartment. I walk in and he closes the door behind me. I walk into the kitchen.

Shanelle went to Blake's last night.

"Do you live here alone?" He asks sitting on the couch, his eyes peering at me.

"No me and my best friend Shanelle share the rent," I answer going to sit on the other end of the couch. I turn on the TV. I chuck him the remote and he just shakes his head and smiles.

"Are you hungry?" I ask getting up going to the kitchen.

"A little," he gets up following me into the kitchen. I stand against the counter as he walks in.