Chapter ~ 5

Chapter ~ 5

I don't know how long we spent at the fair. I didn't particularly even enjoy the rides since I spent most of the day keeping my distance from Quinn - of course, that didn't mean I wouldn't look. I didn't know how many times I'd sneaked a side-glance at him when he wasn't looking. I'd never thought I'd be attracted to someone like him, not that I had many previous experiences with guys. He was confident, he somehow knew roughly what I felt about him, and for some crazy reason, I was happy that he was paying attention to me- that he was at least interested in me, but what made me keep my distance was fear. If he could tell that I 'liked' him after just one day. I don't want to think about what else he could find out if he got closer. What if he told someone? - That one thought was enough to stress me out for the whole day.

"I'm hungry" One of the girls whined, and for once I was actually feeling gratitude towards the girl. I couldn't stand any more of this place. As the day went on more and more teenagers were arriving and along with that came a different kind of emotion. Jealousy.

~Flashback~

We were standing in yet another queue, and this time I was standing away from Quinn, so we didn't have a repeat of earlier. Only then A group of girls joined the queue behind us and started to chat him up.

"Hey, there cutie" One chirped. Yes, chirped like an annoying bird. I found myself unconsciously glaring at her. Who does she think she is?! Calling him 'cutie.'

"Quinn." He smiled introducing himself. Smiled? My jaw tightened uncomfortably as the conversation went on.

"I'm Jade, are you single?" This girl doesn't waste any time, does she? I felt myself shaking slightly as Quinn gave a nod and a 'yeah' I unconsciously stepped closer to him, and he must have realized because he looked at me with a questioning expression, but underneath I could see amusement.

"Well I'm single too, and I like you." She whispered in his ear, but due to being a werewolf, I could hear her. I suppressed a growl while I waited for his reply.

"Well I guess that's too bad," He told her sincerely causing the girl and I to look at him in confusion.

"I'm gay" he shrugged "and I'm into someone." The girl was taken aback – if her dropping jaw was anything to go by. In the meantime, Quinn stepped away from her. I let out a sigh of relief as his eyes locked on mine. I gulped and looked away as his words ran through my head. He said he was gay?

~End of Recap~

We decided to walk to the nearest food place. Yes, walk. 'There's a place a few minutes away, there's no point in taking the cars.' A 'few minutes' my ass, we've been walking for three-quarters of a fucking hour. And guess what? Still no signs of anywhere to eat. Great one Chase. Not only did I hate the fact we where wasting time and energy walking to a place miles away when we have two perfect vehicles to do the job for us. I was also walking in an awkward silence listening to Chase and Marcia bicker, but I would rather listen to them, than start up a conversation with Quinn.

"This is stupid, there isn't any place around here!" I frowned and stopped walking.

"Yeah, there is I remember it now, it's just around the corner,"

"Oh, that's great, not to mention the fact that there is NO fucking corner in sight!" I glared back... as you can tell, I hate walking.

"ETHAN! Watch your language!" Marcia scolded, her eyes darting to the girls and then back again. I huffed and looked back the way we'd come.

"I'm going back," I stated.

"Well, you're not going back alone." For the first time since we started walking Quinn spoke to me. I turned to look at him, and I immediately knew that if I wanted to go back, he would be coming with. The only thing worse than walking for ages to a place which I doubted even existed, was walking back to the car with Quinn.