Chapter - 25

Ethan led me to his car which he'd parked down one of the back streets. It was stupid but I frowned thinking of Ethan coming here – of all places- alone when there where still those gay bashing-werewolf knowing- thugs around. It wasn't safe for us here, and with a sudden realization I knew it wasn't safe for the rest of my pack to be here either.

"They aren't here. They're not going to hurt you again. I promise." Ethan whispered pulling me out of my trailing thoughts as he opened the passenger side door of his truck.

"They knew I was a werewolf." I frowned. After the attack, I'd tried to push all the memories away but the fact they knew I was a werewolf was important.

Ethan's eyes narrowed at this, and I could tell the thought had been playing on his mind too.

"I know I'll have to talk to Nick about that, and Alpha Klaus when he returns." He frowned, taking hold of the seat belt without thinking and began pulling it across my chest.

"Erm Ethan. I think I can put my seat belt on myself." I laughed lightly at his zoned out face.

"Oh yeah, shit sorry." He laughed awkwardly.

"Do you think it's safe for the rest of my pack to be here?" I carried on my previous train of thought.

"Yeah, there's a group of them, and I doubt anyone will be able to spike their drinks." He gave me a knowing look and I immediately dropped my eyes from his.

"Going out that night was a stupid idea. You don't have to remind me." I mumbled knowingly.

"That it was." He frowned and when I didn't reply he carried on. "If you ever want to come to a place like this again I suggest you take someone with you." He told me in an emotionless voice which had me shrinking back in the seat. "In fact scrap that. If you ever want to come here again - I will come with you."

"I'm not planning on it," I mumbled and with that, he walked around the front of the car to the driver's seat.

"Where you er... Were you on a date tonight?" I asked catching him off guard because immediately he shot his head up to look at me like I was some sort of irritation to him. Like he'd just remembered I'd ruined his night or something. The thought of him on a date with someone else though made me see red.

"Why on earth would you even think that?" He replied causing me to look away from him to stop a blush from covering my cheeks.

"You're in a shirt. You never wear shirts." I grumbled looking anywhere but at him. He didn't reply for a while and I wondered what was going through his mind. Eventually, though I couldn't take it and looked up to see him smiling slightly and shaking his head at me as he began to drive.

"Where you checking me out?" He smirked and a playful glint shone through his eyes. I blushed then, of course I was checking him out. He was my mate.

"Of course not! I just realized you were in a shirt when I was pouring all my tears on it." I glared though definitely embarrassed.

"Oh yeah? If you say so." He laughed lightly, but when I didn't respond he stopped and a silence fell. "Nick arranged for a group of us to go and see Max the Third at the cinema in town." He spoke quietly, and it was then that I remembered seeing Nick and a few of the other pack members inside the first cinema we tried to get tickets at.

"Oh right." I mumbled trying to hide how much I liked that he hadn't been on a date with some random girl.

"I heard the woman in the booth tell you to come here." He looked at me accusingly then as we stopped at a red light. "Why did you agree to come here after what happened before?"