Chapter ~ 12

Ethan's POV

I was running, my legs sprinting across the fast sprawling land. I'd been running in my wolf form for about an hour now and was still none the wiser to where my wolf was actually taking me. As I ran though I had time to think. I'd safely gotten the baby cub back to the scene without being spotted as an un-naturally large wolf. In all the commotion I was able to leave the cub inside one of the open ambulances, and as soon as the child was out of my concern, my wolf used all of his power to push me into running again.

It was weird not knowing where I was going, but then again I knew it must be for something important.

Right now I was more of an animal than a human and my animal instincts where almost overbearingly strong. I couldn't even think about denying my wolf at this moment of time. It was like I had no choice, to begin with.

'Ethan is anything up man? We're all waiting for you to get back.' Nick's voice entered my head as I continued to run. It was a wolf thing if you belonged to the same pack you could send thoughts to one another. I was almost grateful for the distraction. My mind was snowballing with possibilities, so much so I was feeling physically sick. What if something happened to my parents? What if the pack was under attack?

I brought my thoughts back to the present in order to answer him.

'I... I just caused an accident on the highway – eastbound nearby Hanson Street. It was serious man... It... It killed people... I didn't mean...' I tried to gather up my emotions together, so he wouldn't notice how much it was killing me inside with the growing guilt.

'What the fuck dude?! Did people see you?' Nick was furious, I could almost feel the anger radiating through his thoughts.

'I d...don't know'

'YOU DON'T KNOW?!' I cringed at his bellowing thoughts. 'Klaus leaves the pack to me for just a few weeks, and I could have already compromised the secrecy of the whole of werewolf existence....' His thoughts where spiraling with worry so I brought him back to the matter I was now dealing with.

'I'll fill you in with the details of the crash later on. Right now my wolf is pulling me somewhere. I don't know where... But it's my instincts man. I need to go, I think it's important.'

'How important?' Nick thought curiously, with confusion seeping through his tone.

'I'm not sure, are you feeling a pull?' I asked, thinking that if it was an intruder or a pack attack, then I wouldn't be the only one feeling the strangely overwhelming pull to this un-be known place.

'No man, I got nothing... Do you want back up? I could send wolves' He suggested, and I wavered wondering if I should ask for help, having still no clue as to what I might encounter.

I was about to say yes when my wolf stopped me, He growled and I could feel a weird sensation run through me, It was as if my wolf's senses where whispering for me to do this alone, as if my wolf didn't want anyone with us.

'N...No thanks, I think it's something I have to do alone' I finally replied to him, sensing his reluctance.

'I think maybe I should send some guys out with you... Just in case.' My wolf got angry at that and his thoughts radiated a resounding 'NO' so powerful that Nick heard him. It shocked me just as much as it would have shocked Nick. My wolf had never been able to over-ride my human thoughts before.