Orphan Girl (4)

New Chapter, 

Vote

Comment

Fan

LOVE IT!!!  

************************************************************************************************

 Oakley’s P.O.V

As soon as I sat down on the couch, someone knocked on the door. I looked around and no one in the house moved. It was like none of them heard the door, and I was some sort of servant.

“I’ve got it guys, no need to get up.” I muttered. Everyone was so lazy around here, I hated it.

I walked to the door and opened it, shocked to see who it was. Why all of a sudden has he decided to follow me around

“Scott?” I was taken aback. 

“Hey.” He smiled nervously.

“Hi.” 

We stood there staring at each other for a few minutes without saying a word. Why in the world was he here at my house? How did he even know where I lived?

“So are you going to invite me in or are we just going to stand here all night?” He smiled. 

“What are you doing here?” I asked not meaning for it to sound rude. 

“I’m the new babysitter babe!” His smile widened. 

I stared at him, not believing the five words that came from his mouth.  “Excuse me, what did you just say?” I almost laughed.

“Oakley who is at the damn door? You’re letting the cold air in! Hurry up and close the door.” Mary yelled before Scott was able to answer me. 

“Yeah, right sorry, um, come on in.” I pushed the door open, my eyes dropping to the floor. I couldn't explain my embarrassment right now. Scott Williams was inside my messy run down house.

“Nice place.” He smirked. Of course this was all I needed, another rumour to be spread around the whole school. Scott must be loving this attention. 

“Um, thanks.” I muttered.

We walked into the kitchen and saw Mary sitting at the table eating her dinner. I noticed that she had only cooked enough for one person. Why was she so rude lately? She knew that there were other kids here, why would she just cook for herself? 

“Mary?” I snapped, getting her attention. 

“What!” She snapped at me with anger. When she noticed the figure behind me, her back stiffened and she wiped her mouth with the paper towel beside her. She flashed her fake smile and stood up to greet Scott. 

“Why Scott hello, I didn’t realized you were coming so early tonight.” 

“I thought I would come a little earlier to meet you all before you went off to work.” What a lie. This whole act he was pulling in front of Mary was making me sick. He wasn't like this at school. Maybe he had a split personality 

“That's quite nice of you Scott, thank you. But I must be off to work now. This is my oldest one Oakley. I don't know if you know her, she is round the same age as you. She was just about to start making dinner for you all, so that's all taken care of, don't you worry about that. Have a great night. Thank you so much Scott for doing this. It means so much to me that I can count on you.”

I had never seen Mary this kind before. It was too strange to take in. I wasn't sure yet if I liked this Mary. 

“Thank you Mary. Have fun at work won’t you?”  Scott flashed his famous smile right before Mary slammed the door behind her leaving for work.