Orphan Girl (16)

New chapter, first upload in 2012 :P
thats exciting isn't it? hehe

enjoy :)
Claire xx

***********************************************************************

I rolled over and hit a cold floor, my eyes shot open in alert when I breathed a sigh in relief, as I remembered I was at Oakley’s. I looked around the room, but there was no Oakley. I sat up and glanced at my clock on my phone. It was eight in the morning. Crap we have school today.

I forgot about that. I rubbed my eyes without realizing how dam tired I was. I didn’t get much sleep lying near the most beautiful girl in the world.

I walked out of the lounge room and into the kitchen to hear yelling and screaming.

“Mary we got home late, so he stayed over, that’s all.” Oakley yelled.

“I don’t care Oakley, My home is not a place where you and your ‘friends’ can sleep whenever they like. It’s an orphanage. You should not have brought him home last night.”

“You’re never home so what does it matter who’s over?  You wouldn’t know half the stuff that goes on around here anyway. You’re always out. You lost your job, what are you doing out now? You’re not looking for a job I know that for sure, what are you doing at nights Mary, because you’re most defiantly not looking after us when we need you!” Oakley screamed.

“What are you implying Oakley? I’m going out to have a good time. I should have been doing that a long time ago. No, I gave up my life for you. I took care of you when know did. I took you in to my house, because your no good parents left you on my doorstep. That wasn’t my fault now was it? I took you in Oakley, you should be forever grateful of me.” She snapped, this was too far, o one talks to Oakley like that.

“I am forever grateful Mary, and I will be until the day I die. But you don’t understand how unfair this lifestyle is for all of us. The younger kids don’t have a mother. I’m the one looking after them, I don’t know how to do all that kind of stuff, and I’m only 17 for goodness sake. While you’re out drinking and meeting people I’m working, tell me how that’s fair? What Jason’s nearly old enough to get a job, are you going to make him work every night and give you all the money?” She huffed.

I didn’t want to intrude in their conversation so I grabbed a pen and paper from the desk and wrote to Oakley.

She would get it when she came back in here. Quickly and quietly I grabbed my jacket and went through the back door. I saw three wolfs in the distance, and nodded towards them signalling I was no threat.

I ran home hopping that mum or dad didn’t notice I was gone last night. Closing my bedroom door behind me I quickly got changed into some shorts and a top and put my shoes on. I grabbed my bag and was in the car within minutes.

When I got to school I wasn’t expecting to see Oakley there, and I was right. Instead I saw an angry little 12 year old staring at me.
I didn’t realize he went to this school. Ha, would you look at that.

“Scott we need to talk.” Jason growled.

“I have to get to class mate, so do you.” I brushed him off.

“It’s about Oakley?” He tried to convince me.

I really didn’t like this kid. Far out what was his problem?

“Meet me by the gym at lunch time and we will talk then alright?” I snapped.

“Fine,” he muttered and walked off.