Here's the Truth

It is time we settle down and answer a question that has been asked no more than a million times. 😊

"Is it true you ride camels to school because you don't have cars where y'all are from?"

Yes, it certainly is.

Not only is it true that we ride camels to school because we don't have cars, but it's also true that we live in tents and lack water in our lands. We use oil for everything instead of water. All of us are so rich that money flows out of our pockets. Nevertheless, you wouldn't find one brick building in our countries because they're "third world" material--that's if you know what I mean. As a matter of fact, it never rains or snows in any Arab country 'cause we're just cursed like that. We live off dates and pomegranates and are only shaded by palm and olive trees. It's also true that we either bury our daughters alive or force them to get married off at six (sometimes at seven if our fathers have hearts), because apparently, "Arab" and "misogynist" are such strong synonyms to the point where we hate women with all of our ability. Furthermore, all of us have large noses even though all of our men are utterly handsome and our women gorgeously beautiful. We believe we are more superior to all other ethnicities and races. We despise modernism, advancement and democracy and admire backwardness and primitivity. We're totally happy with all of our oppressive, discriminatory and nasty laws, because obviously, we were the ones who amended them and not our governments who we don't even want to rule over us (obviously). While the rest of the world is moving on by living in 2016, we have chosen to settle down in the fourth century AD for the rest of time.

Hashtag swag.

(For those of you who didn't get it, I was being sarcastic with all these fake stereotypes).

Shout out to our lives. Get at our level, fam.

#GrowingUpArab