Oh the Injustice.

~Brea~

Kid Canary B-06

"You rang?" I asked, as I came walking up by everyone and that was including the justice league. "What's going on?" I, once again, asked.

"Brea you are no longer safe with out someone watching over you." Batman stated, I looked around and saw everyone looking dead at me.

"But, why? All I've been doing is going to school. I mean sure the cave did get invaded, there's an injustice league and there might be a snitch but that doesn't mean anything!" I protested.

"Those aren't just little things Brea!" Flash sighed, my Dad walked forward and placed a hand on my shoulder bending down to meet my eyes as if I was a small child.

"Well i'm still safe!" I sighed.

"No Brea, you're not. When Miss Martian and Superboy went undercover they found out things. Things we can't take as a coincidence anymore, the cave getting invaded and red tornado leaving is just apart of his plan. This isn't something we can take lightly, Brea you are in danger. Vertigo wants to kidnap you." Dad explained, he sighed and hung his head before wiping tears I didn't know were running. "We just want to keep you safe." He sighed.

"Dad, you can't always protect me." I told him, my voice weak as I tried to regain my posture. But for crying out loud I just got told that Vertigo, someone Half my age, wants to kidnap me and that I'm no longer safe.

"No, you're right I can't but this I can protect you from. A guide is always going to be with you, Mom and I at home. Captain Marvel here, Batman is transferring you to Gotham until this blows over, Robin is going to walk you home.  Dad explained, "You are going to be safe." He told me in a hushed voice as if he talked any louder this would become real.

"I don't wanna move schools." I cried no longer trying to hide the fact that I was terrified. Dad hugged me and I looked up at the team who looked just as sad as I felt.

"What if Wally went with you, all the same classes and everything." Batman asked kneeling down by Dad and I.

"I'm not gonna force him but-"

"If it helps you I'm going to do it. Do you want me to come or not?" Wally asked gently. I looked up and my best friend and nodded. He smiled and hugged me, I let out a sob and he rubbed my back soothingly."Shh, you're gonna be just fine Brea. I'm not going to let anyone hurt you, okay?" He told me holding me by my shoulders and looking down at me.

"I'm scared." I whispered not breaking our gaze.

"Being scared just means that you're about to do something really, really, brave." He smiled sadly, and wiped my tears away.  I hugged him.

"Okay, I will get Brea and Wally into Gotham as soon as I can." Batman smiled before hugging me and taking Robin.

"Mom." I whispered she came walking over and hugged me. "I'm scared." I mumbled into her neck.

"Shh, you're going to be just fine sweetheart." Mom told me as she held my head. "Just remember I will always love you."

"I will always love you too." I smiled as she hugged me tighter.

•~•~•~•~•

It was Wally and I's first day at Gotham, Dick and Artemis can up to us. "Hey guys." Dick smiled.

"Hey Dick." Wally smiled.

"Brea how you doing?" Artemis asked. I shrugged.

"As best as I can be I guess." I smiled softly. Wally placed his hand on my back and glided his hand up and down soothingly.

"Don't worry Bruce and Dick got us all the same lunch so we'll see you soon." She smiled before hugging me and walking to her class.

"Hey, don't worry okay." Wally smiled grabbing my hand and giving it a squeeze.

"That's easy for you to say, you don't have a older man wanting to kidnap you." I told him, Wally sighed and pulled me off to the side.

"I know, but you don't think I'm scared for you? Brea what am I going to do if I lose you? You make me so happy even though I have to get up at the crack of dawn everyday so we can get to school on time it's worth it. Okay? So when I say don't worry I mean it. Now put you're perfect smile back into place or I will tickle you." He threatened  playfully. We started walking to our class.

Lunch rolled around in no time, it was fun laughing with Wally, Dick and Artemis. I wasn't really to worried about anything in the moment, but if I thought to hard about it tears would well up in my eyes.

But after Wally being by me at all times. I needed a little time to my self. So I told Wally to go find Dick and Artemis I would stay here. But I didn't, I went out the back and took a complete opposite way. They thought I knew only one way to the nearest Zeta tube, but I do research. I know that it wasn't the brightest moment, but I haven't been alone. Completely alone in about a week. I just needed to get away.

Everything was fine as I walked down the street. I breathed in the fresh air and smiled to myself. I was going to be just fine, I took every precaution that I should have, no walking in alleyways, no talking to anyone and remain calm. My peaceful walk was interrupted when I was pulled into a alley. I began to struggle, elbowing them, attempting to kick them and cause a scene. As I opened my mouth to canary cry, they placed a gag in my mouth. Then I felt a pinch on my neck and everything went to black.

But the last person I saw was him.

Vertigo.

|A few hours later|

~Wally~

I ran into Mount Justice, the rest of the team was there along with Brea's parents. "She's gone." I huffed. Dinah turned to me.

"What?" She asked, the rest of the team looked at me.

"She's gone! Brea's gone!" I cried, falling to my knees. "I looked everywhere and she's gone."

As I sobbed into my knees and Dinah held me. "It's okay, it's okay." She soothed, but I could hear the sadness in her voice. "We'll find her."

She was right, we were going to find her. I was never going to stop looking for her.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Hey guys! So here is the chapter, and like I said before I did take out the Belle Reve part, and I was gonna write some other things but they were really just fillers and I wasn't going to make anything really important happen. So yeah Brea is kidnapped by Vertigo. What do you all think is gonna happen?
It's late here too and I'm on my phone so if there is any sort of typo excuse me. But don't forget to vote, comment, etc. ~Briz💞