Task Seven: Keening

Hidden from their foe's might, the Tuath Dé grew disconsolate, murmuring among themselves with frustration and fear. For all their power, they had no warrior capable of withstanding Balor's dreadful might. The Allcrafted was yet to come; the Treasures lay unused in castles of fruitless strength. 

As their hopes sank ever lower, Brighid, she of smithery, healing, and song, raised her voice in a lament for all they had lost...

Captain's Log. Date: 11.20.10.11.2150

The problem is controlled, but not contained.

Despite Thalita's best efforts, we haven't managed to develop a test for this disease, let alone a cure. Thalita dubbed it lágrimas vermelhas last night. Unfortunately, as of now all that will do is give an abbreviation on death certificates. 

I've dispatched what soldiers I have to impose order in both Eden and Parthenos. There have already been several casualties- O'Shea was strangled by one of the infected before Ramirez managed to shoot her aggressor. In addition, around ten colonists have succumbed to the illness, including Genevieve Chidubem, an absurdly healthy girl who was somehow the first to die, Dr. Benedykta, an astrophysicist and engineer, Natalia Amber, our resident botanist, and Mr. Rashid, a journalist. They will all be missed and mourned, once we have the time.

So far, the quarantine seems to be effective. The infected can no longer attack and infect their fellow colonists. However, it will do nothing to cure the disease in our current patients. Stronger measures will be required for that to happen.

I'm alone in this outpost. If quarantine breaks, I might soon be alone on this planet. I cannot allow that to happen. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Requirements

-Your tribute is in quarantine, sequestered away from the other members of their respective colony. Only Captain Nguyen's soldiers are permitted outside. Only the scientists have computers, so that they can continue their research into the disease. There is absolutely no human contact.

-Song task! I will be following roughly the same format as Measure of a Mage: everyone will be able to reserve songs from a list of 7. No songs may be repeated. Reservations for the songs open at 10:20 EST. Be sure to listen to as many as you can! You will need to incorporate the song or its themes into your entry.

Song for Elias by the Cat Empire- Reserved for Megumi Hirai

Bottom of the River by Delta Rae- Reserved for Sydney Morristan

The Cave by Mumford and Sons- Reserved for Lucia Paula Fernandez

Control by Halsey- Reserved for Demetrius Vittore

I Bet My Life by Imagine Dragons- Reserved for Marielle Dupain

Low Road by Grace Potter and the Nocturnals 

Golden Ship by Gin Wigmore- Reserved for Axelle Haumann

Deaths: One ballot death. Two tributes will be going up for votes this round. One will be eliminated.

Due Date: Friday, April 15 at 10 PM EST