Vacation: Donnie

This chapter consists of a lot of pictures of the vacation...

~Your PoV~

After months and months of homework, tests, and finals, you were finally released from the jail which is also known as school. You hugged your friends goodbye before heading back to the lair. You wanted to plan out an amazing summer with Donnie, but you wanted to wait for him to return home in order to do so.

He told you that he, Casey, and his brothers were going to hang out today for a while, so that left you, Casey and his brothers' girlfriends, Ice Cream Kitty, and Master Splinter. An hour went by before you guys decided to watch a movie together. You placed Ice Cream Kitty inside a portable cooler in front of the TV. Splinter handed out cheesicles and (favorite pizza) to everyone before turning on (favorite movie).

Donatello nervously walked into the lair, tripping over a pizza box. This actions grasped your, along with everyone you were with, attention. He stumbled over his words, but eventually stopped trying to talk and grabbed your hand, dragging you into the lab. He scratched the back of his neck and looked at you.

"Would you be willing to go to Hawaii with me?" he mustered up the courage to ask you, but once he saw your facial expression change, he misinterpreted what your expression meant. "I-I mean only if you want to..."

"Of course I would Donnie! One question: How will we afford tickets?"

"Oh, don't worry about that. I just won some tickets to Honolulu today at the mall. They are legit too! Look!" he pulled the tickets from his belt and handed them to you.

You laughed at your boyfriend's enthusiasm about the trip. "Well, what are we waiting for? It's time to pack!"

~~~~~~~

Since Donnie is a guy that likes to be on time or early for things, you arrived at the airport early enough for luggage checks and to board the plan. He took account for the possible long line and also the few minute delay of the plane. What he didn't take into consideration was the fact that the plane would take another thirty minutes to prepare before boarding the passengers.

~~~~~~~

After the decently long flight, Donnie led you out to a limo with a man standing with a sign: Donatello Hamato. The chauffeur grabbed your bags, placing them into the trunk of the vehicle. Once seated in the driver's seat, he began to drive towards your destination. Eventually, you arrived to see a beautiful hotel, The Halekulani.

At the front desk, you received your room key cards and the location of your room

At the front desk, you received your room key cards and the location of your room. You were led to an elevator to the eighth floor. Opening the door, you slowly gazed at the room.

The view of the water and landmass was beautiful

The view of the water and landmass was beautiful. The room gave off a comforting and homey aura. The bathroom consisted of a large bath and a separate shower. The bedroom portion included a king size bed with a couch and a futon next to the window sill. Donatello sat on the bed and rummaged through the drawer next to it. He pulled out a pamphlet showing the many attractions of the area. 

"The Honolulu Museum of Art is open later today. Want to go?" he grins and continues reading information on the museum.

"Sure, especially since you seem so excited to go."

~~~~~~

A change of clothes, nap, and time skip later, you are in a taxi. Donnie points out the many attractions you pass along the way as if he was a tour guide. Finally, you arrived at your destination. Donnie paid the driver along with a tip before pulling you inside the building with him. You smiled at his eagerness and temporary childlike behavior as if he was going on a field trip.

The first exhibition you guys went to once inside was The Rise of Photography in Late 19th Century Japan

The first exhibition you guys went to once inside was The Rise of Photography in Late 19th Century Japan. Donnie's eyes sparkled as he began to recite the information he has stored in his brain about the topic.

"Some of the pioneers of Japanese photography attempted to replicate the polychromatic woodblock prints and made the production of albumen prints more popular. These pioneers included Felice Beato and Charles Wirgman."

I understood 0% of that^ so if you know what that means please tell me... :p

"How do you possibly know so much about this?" you ask in awe.

"I knew a little before hand, but I did some extra research when we arrived at the hotel."

The main talk through the tours was the performance that would begin in a few hours.  It was titled: The Music of Hawai'i and the musician Ernie Halter would be performing.

"Says here that even though he is an L.A. based musician, he has strong ties to the island. His mom his Yugoslavian and his dad is Cuban. It is a one time only performance." you read from the pamphlet as you eat (favorite food) in the food court.

"I guessing you want to go?" Donnie looked up at you with a gap toothed grin. You quickly nodded. "Fine I guess we can. Plus it sounds interesting."

You stand up and run to the other side of the table, kissing Donnie on the cheek, then went to refill your drink. He blushed and put his head down, picking at his food with a smile on his face. He was glad you were enjoying yourself as much as he was. He was thinking that tomorrow would be an easy and laid back day to do whatever you wanted since today was spent on his tours and background knowledge.

~~~~~~

You flopped onto the bed next to Donnie after returning from the performance. You hummed one of the tunes from the show and turned to face Donatello. He smiled and pulled you closer to him. He slowly leaned in to kiss you. You closed the rest of the distance between the two of you.

"I love you so much, (y/n)." he kissed your forehead and closed his eyes.

"I love you too, Don."