11. Baby Doll, I Do Care.

I was sitting at my desk wearing my Finding Nemo pajamas, doing my homework when I get a Skype call from Brooke. I answer the call, and she immediately demands to know what had happened today.  Knowing that she would constantly ask if I didn't tell her, I told her everything.  I told her how Ryder ignored me in the beginning of the day, to how he cared and demanded to know who beat me.  I even told Brooke who my attacker was, knowing that I could trust her, and that she wouldn't tell anyone since she knew the consequences to that.

      After about an hour of talking to Brooke, I decided to tell her that it was getting late, and that we should both go to bed.  She agreed, and after saying goodbye, ended the call.  I was almost done with my homework, when I heard the doorbell ring.  Tucking a piece of hair behind my ear, I made my way downstairs to answer the door. 

      I reached the door, opened it a crack, and once I saw who it was, I started to shut it.  However, he beat me to it and pushed his hand on the door, not letting it shut.  Sighing in defeat, I let him in.

"What do you want, Ryder?" I ask him.

"I need to know who did that to you Ave..."

"Like I said before, I ca-"

"Yea I know, you can't tell me." He growled out.

"Ryder, if I tell you, he is just going to do worse next time."

"As long as I'm around Ave, there won't be a next time."

"You don't know that." I say, my voice quavering.

"Yea, I do." He promises.

"How? You can't be around me twenty-four seven.  You hardly even wanted to be seen with me this morning, and all of a sudden you act like you care?" I argue, my voice rising as I reached the end of my rant.

"Baby doll, I do care."

"Bullshit."

      All of a sudden, he marches up to me, in three long strides, placing his hands on my cheeks, making me look up to him.  His eyes traveled between my eyes, and my lips.

"Screw it." Was all he said before he leaned his head down and places his lips on mine.  Fireworks went off throughout my whole body.  The kiss was slow, and gentle. I kissed him back, and after about a minute, I pulled away slowly.

"Ryder, what the hell?" I ask him, confused.

"Avery, I'm going to promise you one thing.  I am going to find out who did this to my princess, and once I find out, I am going to beat him to a pulp." Ryder whispers, looking into my eyes, honesty leaking through every word.

      I look at him shocked.  Shocked that he was willing to do this for me, shocked that he kissed me. I give him a weak nod, and with that he pecks my lips one more time, and walks out of the door, leaving and shutting the door behind him.

      Flustered by what just happened, I stumble upstairs to my room.  I finish my homework, feeling dazed the whole time.

      Even though I told Brooke that it was late and we should get to bed, I quickly opened up my Mac, and skyped her.  After about 5 rings, she answers. Her hair is all messed up and she looks like a zombie.

"Jesus Christ Ave, what do you want?"

"Brooke..."

"What?"

"Ryder kissed me."

      Once I said that, Brooke jumped up and all I heard from my computer was screaming. I'm pretty sure I heard her scream, "I KNEW IT!"

      For the next hour she kept telling me how she "shipped" me and Ryder from the very beginning.  Apparently our ship name was Ravery, or something like that. 

      Saying goodnight to Brooke, I ended the call and hopped into bed.  I smiled as I thought about what had happened just a couple hours ago.  Does this mean we are a couple?  What if he just kissed me to get in my head, only to break my heart later.  That would suck, since I've already fallen for him. 

      The only thing I'm afraid of, is if he turns out to be just like my ex, Thomas.  Me and him dated about 2 years ago. Thomas cheated on me on our eight month anniversary.  I was heartbroken and went back to being shy.  I was more then happy to find out that he moved away to Mississippi.  After Thomas, I shut myself off from the world and only talked to Brooke.  We both promised to never mention his name again, and we haven't.  I sigh and start to shut my eyes, thinking of Ryder all over again.

      I fell asleep with a smile on my face, for the first time in years.

A/N:

Hello my fellow fishies!! FINALLY THEY KISSEDDD.  *silently fan girls* Do you think it will last? Will Ryder officially ask Avery out? Find out soon in, "His Princess."

Xoxo - Batman