25. Did We Just Quote The Fault in Our Stars?

"Avery and I are going to move to New York."

Everyone at the table give us blank stares. Finally, Ryder's dad speaks.

"This is a joke right?" He asks.

"No dad. It's not a joke. Avery and I want to go to Union College in New York.  We both have enough college credits from school to make it in... We really want to do this." Ryder explains.

My mom nods. "Avery, this is what you want?"

I nod my head. "Yea mama, I really want to do this."

"Alright. I can make it happen for you. All I want is for you to be happy.  Would you guys stay in the dorms at the college?" She asks.

"Well... That's the thing.  We want to live in an apartment together... We both have enough money saved up to live comfortably." Ryder answers.

"Yea, we are just hoping we get the scholarship. We started looking at apartments and we found one that we liked. It's expensive, but if we work all summer, and add in the money we have saved, we would be able to afford it." I reason.

"What does it look like?" Ryder's mom asks.

I pull my phone out. "I'll show you."

      Pulling the apartment up, I walk over to Mrs. Slade and scroll through the pictures of the apartment.

"How much is it?" She asks

"It's about $2,500 a month for rent. If we want to buy it, it's about $400,000." Ryder explains.

"Do you guys plan to slowly pay it off?" His father asks.

"Yes, Mr. Slade, that's the plan." I answer politely.

"You're sleeping in separate rooms, I'm assuming?" My mom questions, raising her eyebrow.

I chuckle. "Yea mom, don't worry."

"Comes fully furnished?"

"Yes Ma'am." Ryder answers my mom.

"When do you find out if you're accepted?" Mr. Slade asks.

"In a couple months... Ugh I'm so excited!" I exclaim.

Everyone chuckles, the tension in the room slowly diminishing. The rest of the dinner went smoothly, and I couldn't have asked for a better time.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

"Do you think we could do it?" I ask.

"Of course, baby doll."

"Are you sure?"

"Love, you can do anything. Okay?"

"Okay."

We both laugh hysterically. I roll over and lay on top of Ryder.

"Did we seriously just quote The Fault in Our Stars?" I ask.

"Yes, yes we did."

We both just continue to cuddle.

"Ryder?"

"Hmmm?"

"You're not going to leave me, right?" I ask.

He turns to look at me, his eyes piercing into my soul.

"No, never. I could never leave you. Why would you think such a thing?"

"I don't know. There are so many prettier girls, I just don't know why you'd waste your time with me..." I whisper, shamefully.

"In my eyes, there can't be anything or anyone more beautiful than you. I want to be with you, no, I need to be with you. Get that through your head okay?"

I just nod, pulling his head down to mine, kissing him.

After kissing for a while, I start to think about graduation.

"Is Natalia graduating?" I ask.

"I honestly don't know. I think Mr. Howard got the memo when we told him about the cops though, because Natalia wasn't at the ball. That's more of a punishment for her than being suspended." Ryder says with a chuckle.

"Yea that's true... Oh wait!! What about Connor and Brooke?! Where are they going to college?" I question.

"Connor told me that Brooke is going to FIT. It's the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York. She probably hasn't had time to tell you because she is too busy making outfits and dresses and everything." Ryder explains.

"Oh... That is so Brooke. Of course she's going to a fashion college. Maybe I can help her model... That would be amazing!!" I gush, proud of my best friend.

"Yea, why don't you call her? I have to help Connor anyways. He's going to apply for the University of Florida. It's been his dream school since he was a kid. It's close to home and it's a great school." Ryder suggests.

"Yea ill call her. And tell Connor I said good luck."

"I will. Love you babe." Ryder says, giving me a quick kiss and starts walking out to his car.

I run up to my room and Skype Brooke. She answers after this first ring.

"Avery, I need your help." She says immediately.

I chuckle. "I'm on my way."

A/N:

Hello my fellow fishies! IM ALMOST AT 1k READS... Or something like that. Haha but thank you guys so much! You all mean so much to me. And sorry for the short chapter... I'm having a major case of writers block... Help.

Don't forget to comment, fan, and vote!! <3

Xoxo - Batman