Chapter 3: The Reveal

I hope you are enjoying the story..

I was walking around Ikebukuro, enjoying my sudden freedom and the peace.

I noticed Izaya sitting at the park, he was hunched over and his head down...

'Huh... I wonder what's up with him... He's not usually like this... I'll go talk to him.'

I walked over to him and sat next to him.

He looked at me and smiled, but there was some sort of sadness to his eyes.

"Shizuo, just the person I've been needing to see."

I looked at him, confused. 'He's acting weird.. Does he like me.. No...'

"What do you want, Izaya. I'm done with your games. I've told you that."

"I know, Shizuo... But, I need to talk to you..." He paused and looked around us. "Alone."

'Strange...'

"Alright. Where?"

"My place."

We walked over to his place in silence, getting stared at. Everyone knew we were enemies, so they didn't understand why we were walking together and not trying to kill each other.

Izaya unlocked his door and let me in first, closed the door, and locked it. He really didn't want anybody coming in... Weird...

I sat on the couch were I usually do, the rare times that had come over to his place.

He sat next to me... I suddenly felt awkward..

"So..." I began, "why do you need me?"

"Shizuo, I've begun noticing something, and I'm hoping you're noticing the same thing.."

I looked at him. "What? That you're acting weird?"

He slapped me. "That's the cause of it! Please tell me you feel the same, Shizuo!"

I glared. "I said I've had enough of your games, so just spill it, Izaya!"

Both of us were getting angry.

He said heavily and his head flopped down. He mumbled something I didn't hear.

"If you want me to hear, you have to speak up."

He looked at me. "I love you, Shizuo."