Chapter 7: The Word Gets Around

My face turned red.

"You're kidding!" Shinra yelled in disbelief.

Izaya smiled and placed his hand on my thigh. "We're not lying."

I turned redder when Izaya placed his hand on me. To add to the effect, I placed my hand on top of Izaya's.

Celty turned towards Shinra, then typed something on her phone, and showed Shinra.

"Celty says that there's no way that can be true."

Izaya smiled. "Ah.. But it's true, my friends."

Shinra looked at us. "Prove it," he challenged.

I looked at Izaya as he looked at me. I quickly looked at Shinra and Celty and said, "If we weren't dating, or even in love, would I do this?"

I grabbed Izaya and lifted him up, setting him on my lap, facing me and kissed him, pulling him close to me. He kissed back.

We broke the kiss and smiled at each other, then Izaya slid off of my lap and sat next to me like he had before.

Shinra and Celty were so shocked, neither of them could do anything.

Then suddenly, Shinra smiled.

"It finally happened! We thought it was just fantasy!"

Izaya laughed and smiled. "Obviously not."

Celty looked at Shinra and typed something on her phone and showed it to him.

"It's up to them."

"What's up to us?" I asked.

"Whether or not you want all of Ikebukuro to know. I'm sure you're both aware how fast news travels here," Shinra answered.

Izaya chuckled. "That indeed it does, Shinra. I think they should know, don't you, Shizu-chan?"

I glared at Izaya. "Stop fucking calling me that! That's not my fucking name!"

Izaya laughed at me. "I know that, Shizu-chan. But, it's called a nickname."

"I hate you."

"Obviously not, considering what happened about a week ago, Shizu-chan." He smiled at me.

I looked at him a blushed.

"Including in the shower, Shiu-chan." He laughed.

"Shut up, Izaya!"

Izaya laughed again. "But you still didn't answer my question. Do you want all of Ikebukuro to know we're dating, Shizu-chan?"

I looked at him. "One way or another, people will find out. Why not tell them ourselves?"

Izaya smiled, "You've got a good point there, Shizu-chan."

"That's why I said it."

"Well, pick me up and carry me. Don't forget to kiss me while you're in the main part of the city, my Shizu-chan."

I glared at him, but picked him up and carried him bridal style. Izaya wrapped his arms around my neck. I can't believe I'm doing this.

I walked out and walked to the main part of the city, while getting looks from the people we passed by.

I stood at almost the center of the city, and I yelled, "If you can hear me, stop what you are doing and pay attention!!! This is Shizuo Heiwajima!!!! I have something to share!!!"

I stopped as a huge crowed gathered around us.

I got nervous. But, I put my head down, and my lips met with Izaya's, and we kissed. I heard people taking pictures and texting and talking to others.

I stood completely straight again, still carrying Izaya.

"Yes, Ikebukuro, I am dating Izaya Orihara!!!!"