Prolgue: Ice Queen

A/N: Before we begin...

I've noticed on several occasions that people are confused about the location of this book. It takes place in Jamaica, which explains the big ass figures (our dollar is really weak, was 127 JMD: 1 USD when I wrote this originally), as well as some of the language used in the book (rass, rassclaat, bomboclaat, bloodclaat, basically anything ending with "claat", or with "bombo" or "rass" in it is usually a swear word).

This book used to be much. More. Graphic. However, due to Wattpad's guidelines, I've revised and edited it. If you want to see the rawer version, click the link below my bio.
***

I've always been a bit of a bitch — not in a bad way, but just enough that it's justifiable.

You see, for my entire life, I've had no one but myself to look out for me emotionally; not my family, that's for damn sure, and I have no friends.

So as a result, I have learned to adapt; I have mastered the art of self preservation by erecting wall upon wall around myself, entering a state of near numbness so that I feel next to nothing when I have experiences that would otherwise be extremely painful on an emotional level to others, and perfected the practice pushing people away when they become too close.

Never did I expect my magnificent fortress to come crumbing down, and my rein as the Ice Queen to come to an abrupt end.