22. Meet The Rochesters

Last night, I was so exhausted, I just mumbled "M'kay," then went to sleep.

Now, though, I'm thinning about it, and I remember Xavier saying that David would always come to get flowers for his mother from him. I doubt that we'd all just happen to be visiting Westmorland at the same time, so I'm assuming that Xavier lives and works in Westmorland.

Therefore, David's mother would live here, too.

I would have never expected that David was from Westmorland.

"That's why you have a house in Westmorland," I say to David as we prepare to spend the afternoon at his parents's house, fixing my hair into a natural looking afro, and pick up a headband to neaten it up.

"Don't," he says, as I'm about to put on the headband.

"What?"

"You look better without it."

I look in the mirror, assessing my jeans, my tank top and my hair, my face, and I feel my face heat up

"Thank you," I whisper, looking down at my fingers.

"That's part of the reason," he states,
"but remember what I said about my farmer living in Westmorland?"

"Yeah?"

"Well, you'll meet him soon. It's convenient to have a place near to my source."

I roll my eyes.

"So when are we going to meet him?"

"I have to pick up a package on my way to my parents," he answers.

"On your way to? Not from?" I ask surprised.

"Yep. Now hurry up, he can get really miserable; he doesn't like to wait."

Doing a 360 and looking at my ass one last time, I let out a nervous breath and follow him out of the house.

***

We are driving in the direction of his parents's house. He just picked up a large package, about two pounds heavy, from a man who calls himself "Snappa" for whatever reason. It's wrapped to look like a birthday present. I can't smell it.

"Why do you wrap it to look like a birthday present?" I ask David.

"Multiple reasons," he says. "Firstly, the last thing you'd expect to be in an unscented birthday package is weed. Secondly, if I get caught by the police, I have a story."