Only 2 days

Spring of 1944 had just started, a year ago exactly he had proposed to her and now she was sitting with there 2 month old son on the front porch rocking chair, he was fast asleep and a gentle breeze passed over her skin.

She sigh and closed her eyes for a minute it had been almost 6 months since he had left for war but in 2 days he would be back and he was finally gonna meet his son.

She already planned out how she was gonna go get him by waiting in front of the boat holding there little boy so he could see him right away when he got of the ramp. She loved the way his face lid up when he saw her, she only hoped he didn't lose to much weight cause last time had been bad.

She opened her eyes again looking at the tall trees covering the path to there house surrounded by corn fields she looked at her son and saw him awake and looking right at her his little eyes squinting cause of the sun suddenly shined on his face, he jawnd and wiggled in her arms letting out a little cry as his little hand grabbed her hand that was caressing his cheek.

All she had to was talk to him so he would calm down.
" daddy will be home soon ....and he is finally gonna meet you, ......you look so much like him it's crazy "
Seeing that he wouldn't stop crying she rest him on her shoulder and covered him with his little bleu blanket and started rocking slowly with the chair.

----------------

The next day had been as usual quit and not much going on she was washing some clothes outside when she heard a car pull up in the drive and she heard her friends voice call her name, she ran thru the clothes that hung in her way and then she saw her friend with a big bright smile.

" pauline, hi what brings you over like that " she asked as pauline sat on her car

" i came to see you and ur munchkin of a son and I wanted to ask you something " she said kissing her 1 time on each cheek

" well he's asleep now and what do you want "

" how about tomorrow i come with you to pick up Harrison and yeah " she offered Carrie another big smile and a wink

" why is that " she answered laughing a little

" might be a lonely soldier looking for comfort "

" i see yeah sure you can come, and wait is that a brand new car " her eyes widened and she moved Pauline to the side

" I thought you'd never notice "

" i love it ok so we take your car tomorrow you can show of in that "

" o yeah one more thing carrie my love my best friend my twin sister "

Carrie rolled her eyes laughing and crossed her arms

" what did you do this time "

" nothing can i just sleep here tonight "

" o yeah sure ill be happy like this I'm not alone I don't really like being alone tho i have been used to it for a while now but he will back tomorrow so you better be out the house if you know what i mean "

" o hell yeah i know what you mean and thanks cause my mom just lashed at me for still being single so not in the mood to go home tonight " she gave her a wink and a kiss on the cheek.

The two women stopped talking when they heard a little cry from inside the house Pauline started running to the house screaming " MY HUSBAND IS CRYING "
Carrie started laughing and followed

Pauline always said to carrie if she was 50 and still single she would marry her son even if they had 21 years difference.

........

Since I love stories about ww2 I thought I could do one with Carrison, good idea right anyways warning you guys it is a time of war in this fanfic so be prepared for everything and anything.

Hope this first chapter was ok 😊😘😘