chapter 6

I quickly dodge him and run down the stairs, screaming at the top of my lungs. I run past the kitchen and dining room to the front door. I have it a quarter way open until a hand shoots past my head and slams the door. I feel my heart stop and I scream hoping my neighbors hear me.
A hand slams against my cheek and I collapse to the floor sliding on the wood. I cry out in pain. All if a sudden I hear a knock on the door.

"Hello? Sweetheart, are you alright. Open this door." I feel my heart leap when I hear the older lady from next door. I get pulled to my feet by the stranger.

"You tell her you we're watching a horror movie if she sees past your lie she is dead." He spat quietly. I nod with tears spilling down my eyes. I quickly wipe the tears and open the door. I watch him stand behind the now open door with a gun pointed at the door. She stands exactly where the bullet would go.

"H-hey Lilly, " I give her a tight smile.

She pushes the door open a little more and looked in.

"Are you okay?" She whispers quietly. I feel my muscles tense and I give her a small nod.

"I was watching a horror movie a-and I got scared," I quickly make a lie that she knew it would be a lie. "W-when my cat knocked over my lamp I screamed." She gives me a confused look and I wink at her. She knows me very well, when we and cameron we're having money problems she helped us out. So she knows I don't have a cat. I give her a wink.

"Oh, w-well I will talk to you later, sweetheart." That one second her voice trembled was enough for h to shoot out from the door and grab me by the hair. He quickly puts the gun to my temple.

"Get your old ass back in this apartment, now." He seethed. She quickly comes back in when she's in arms range he throws me to the ground and he grabs her by the hair.

Before I can even blink there's a bullet in between her eyes. I put my trembling fingers to my mouth as a sob racks my whole body. I collapse next to her body and grab her hands. I feel tears run down my cheeks.

"Old hag," he growls under his breathe. I feel my anger boil. I jump up and point at him. Tears running down my face. "THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!" I scream crying. He tries to hug me but I push him away with all my force. He stumbles back in surprise. I watch his eyes turn dark before he stomps over to me.

He grabs my upper arm painfully and shakes me.

"I did this for us! All of it! Her death was your fault, she could have walked away scratch less but you had to open your fat mouth and get her killed." He snaps at me.

"Don't blame this on me, if you weren't insane I would be living my life happily. But you ruined everything!"

I feel him slap me again and I lay on the ground in a fetal position crying.

"Get up." He growls looking away. I watch from the corner if my eyes and see him pulling out a rag and all to soon I small chemicals getting brought to my nose. I quickly held my breath,

"Breathe for me princess" he purrs in my ear. I couldn't hold it any longer so I take a breath and I slowly begin fading into unconsciousness.