(26)

Alexa

It was really dark.

I felt like I was sitting in a pit full of darkness and just waiting for someone to get me out but I was in a deserted place.

I felt fearfully alone.

Suddenly, I felt like I could hear something but it sounded distant. Like when you sleep and then slowly gain your hearing sense back. Fear seeps through me as I focus my attention to my hearing.

"Wakes up......3 days.......Why......?" I can hear someone say. I start To try and open my eyes. But still, no use. I try again and again, feeling the sense of my limbs again. I try to move something and my finger twitches.

"I think she's waking up!" I hear someone say as well. Finally, after all this, my eyes open but close really quick from the light.

"Dim the lights." A soft voice which I realize as Zoë's say. After I hear shuffling I carefully open my eyes to see Zoë and mom looking at me with shock and relief.

"Are you okay?" Mom asks. I try to sit up and she helps me, adjusting my pillows. I point to my throat as realization dawns her and she grabs a cup of water and gives it to me. I smile at her gratefully and take a sip with my free hand, the other one had an I.V sticking in it. I finish half of the cup before giving it back to mom. I smile at her and Z before I sigh.

"How long have I been asleep?" I say. Zoë looks at mom and then at me.

"You have been asleep for 3 days. It's 7th July now." Mom says. My eyes widen at this as I gulp. A knock is sounded and a doctor comes in along with Derek.

"Alexa, you're awake, that's amazing news to all of us." The unknown doctor says as Derek comes over to me and hugs me. I hug him back as I smile at the doctor. The doctor smiles back and checks his clipboard with a sigh.

"So, Alexa, you fainted and went into a slight coma for 3 days, has anything weird been happening to you this past period of time?" The doctor says as Derek sits beside me. I bite my lip and nod.

"Well, I got a fever for 5 days or so, I really didn't count the days, and I vomited, um, blood, the other day. But it was only one time, I swear! Like, I vomited before but only food but only one was blood. Yeah, that's it, I guess." I say. Mom's eyes widen as her mouth snarls into a disapproving matter. Zoë purses her lips as the doctor hums and writes it on his clipboard.

"And you have an M.R.I scheduled on the-" he begins.

"11th of July, yes." Mom completes it for him. He nods and writes something again.

"Okay, see you in 4 days, Alexa, and I am Dr. Sanders, by the way." He says with a warm smile. I nod with my own smile as be exits. Immediately, mom comes at me with a disapproving expression.

"Young lady, you are so in trouble! I have always cared for you, this is how you repay me? What did I do wrong? Why don't you tell me such important information, huh? I need to know, Alexa!" She says, fluttering her hands all over the place. I sigh and nod while hanging my head down ashamingly. Mom sighs and comes and hugs me a bit.

"Sorry." I say. She pulls away and pats my head lovingly.

"It's okay, I am not mad, I'm just confused." She says.

"I didn't want to worry you." I say. Mom sighs and holds her head.

"Hey, Mrs. Gray, can I have a word outside?" Derek says. Mom nods as she and the doctor as well as Derek go out of the door. Zoë sighs and sits down beside me as I scoot over for her, she tangles her arm with mine as she sighs again.

"You okay?" She asks. I nod and she sighs but this time in relief.

"Zach called me." She says. I turn to her with a look of confusion on my face.

"Why?" I ask.

"June called him saying that Noah's boss called him saying he needs the money earlier. And that now they know you exist in his life and they can use you against him." She says. My eyes widen as I process this.

"What?" I say as I trail off.

"All in all, I am just advising you to give him the money earlier than agreed for, you know? You're already girlfriend and boyfriend, so yeah." She says. I process her words and nod quickly, already deciding to do so the moment I meet him. Zoë smiles at me and pulls me in a hug.

"Don't worry, we'll be okay." She says as she rubs my back gently. I nod as I hug her as equally as tight. We hear a knock as mom opens the door along with Derek.

"Alexa, you can be out of the hospital now. It's okay now, your blood pressure and all is okay." He says. I beam at this as he comes and takes out the IV from my hand. I wince at the sting before it was gone. I swing my legs from under the covers and get up while standing wobbly on my legs. Zoë comes at me and holds me by the waist as I regain feeling in my legs. After I feel okay, I start walking slowly towards the bathroom and take a 5 minute shower in those tiny showers in the hospital. After to wear the clothes mom got me, which consisted of sweatpants and a simple tank top and my undergarments. I comb my hair quickly and put it in a quick high ponytail as I get out. I head to mom as she packs my small bag and lean over her a bit as fatigue hits me. We get out and start walking towards the elevator with me leaning against mom and Zoë.

"Alexa?" I hear someone say as I freeze. I turn around and see Noah walking towards us as I gulp.

"Holy shit." Zoë says. Mom nods slightly in agreement. He approaches us with a questioning look in his eyes as I gulp again.

"Sweetie, I'll go and turn on the car, okay?" Mom says. I nod as she and Zoë walk away. I look at Noah as his eyebrows furrow.

"Alexa, what are you doing here?" He says. I smile brightly at him as I try to steady my wobbly legs.

"I should ask you the same question." I say as I pull him into a hug. He immediately hugs me back tightly, putting his head in the crook of my neck.

"I was getting a physical check. It's a regular for me every 4 months to get one for the, um, gym." He says when he pulls away. I take a good look at him and see the bags underneath his eyes and his sunken figure. I seriously need to give him the money, he looks destroyed.

"Why are you here again? You're changing the subject." He says with a smirk.

"I, um, was visiting Derek." I say, scratching the back of my head.

"Oh, really? Then why do you have a cannula in the back of your hand?" I am officially stupid! I think as he says this. I look at the back of my hand and panic a bit.

"Oh, that, that's nothing. I had a severe migraine and Derek put me on pain killers. That's all." Wow, I am a great liar. He looks at me suspiciously before he sighs and wraps his arm around me again.

"Are you okay now?" He asks. I nod in his shoulder as he sighs.

"Oh, by the way, the day after the day that's after tomorrow, the 10th of July, I wanna take you out. I haven't heard of you these past 3 days, I was worried." He says.

"Oh, you know, I was with Zoë and mom and Derek, they kept taking my phone and my phone was partially always dead, sorry." I say. He nods and kisses my softly.

"See you next Sunday." He says with a tired smile. I pat his cheek gently before nodding.

"Go home and rest, Noah, you don't look okay." I say. He nods quickly and kisses me one last time before heading away. I sigh and start walking towards Zoë who was standing by the elevator.

"Ooh, someone is getting some." She says. I playfully push her while laughing as she joins me.

"Oh, by the way, Zach texted me saying he wants to take me and you and Aiden out tomorrow for some activity he doesn't want us to know, saying it's a surprise. You down for it?" She says. I nod as we reach the parking lot. I get in the car as mom starts driving towards home.

I hope Noah doesn't get hurt till the 10th.