Chapter 23 - The Exam Begins!

"Hey, did you hear? The Blue Robed Challenger publicly announced that she will be participating in this year's Outer Sect Exam! It seems like she really was someone from the Vacant sect! I hope we will finally be able to see this genius tomorrow"

"Don't forget about that Cheng Hao! After she defeated her last opponent last night she announced that she was actually weaker than this Cheng Hao in both cultivation and fighting strength! According to her, he has even higher talent than she does!"

Two young men had just come back from their morning routine of a ten kilometers dash, a hundred push ups, a hundred sit ups and a hundred squats... Apparently some expert had told them that it would help their body become superhuman in just three years!

Anyways, the two were walking and gossiping about recent events when a blur passed by them. One of them turned.

"What's wrong?" The other one asked. "Nothing, I just... Never mind, lets go eat breakfast and remember, no Air Conditioning!"

Hearing that, both men sighed and headed over their own house. If they had known that the one blur they had seen was actually the same person they had been talking about just then, the blue robed night challenger, Xiao Wu, who knows what they would have done!

The eight and a half years old girl had just come back from her own daily routine of absorbing the Purple Qi from the east and had just made another breakthrough in her Purple Moonlight  Senses Enhancing Technique. Now, she also got a speed boost for a short period of time as well as heightening her already powered up senses even more. Right now, she had an increase of about five times a normal person's senses when not going all out.

As soon as she got home, she walked straight into Cheng Hao's room. Right at that moment, Lu Fang was squeezing a wet towel and putting it over the child's forehead. When he noticed the girl had come in, the Reverend Martial Artist shook his head and pointed at the untouched bowl full of delicious food by the bed.

"Still hasn't woken up, uh?" Xiao Wu sighed as she realized that her brother still had yet to recover. According to Lu Fang, he had actually completely recovered the internal injuries last night but he still hadn't woken up. "Maybe his consciousness is elsewhere, maybe he is just tired, I don't know" the old man had told her when she had asked.

So the only thing they could do was to wait. Still, she couldn't help but worry 'The exam starts in less than twenty four hours, if he doesn't wake up, no matter how much of a genius is he, he will not graduate to an Outer Sect disciple before next year's exam... Brother, please, recover soon!'

+++

Xiao Wu walked out in the backyard and called out her Black Dragon Aura Sword. She let it cut the air around her as she did complicate hand signs. At first it was a still a tiny bit difficult to control it, but now she got the hang of it and could use it almost as easily as she could control the true Black Dragon Sword.

Since she had broken through in the Purple Moonlight Senses Enhancing Technique that morning, she had also tried to break through to Basic stage with the new amount of insight she got from her battles and the deeper understanding of her techniques.

She had successfully accumulated the nearby Qi with the help of her Martial Ways and then proceeded to accumulate the two Qi seas (Note: each one for the different types of Qi she had sensed).

She guided the strands of purple, black and white energy into her sea of consciousness where they slowly turned first into small drops and then proceeded to enlarge until they became the same size as the one she had condensed before.