Chapter 45 - Soul Crystal

Cheng Hao smiled mockingly, but people didn't blame him for being arrogant: he more than had the qualifications for it!

Suddenly, Wu Rou trembled and noticed Lao Jianghu was trying hard but still failing to keep his grin off his face "You old fox, you had this all planned out! Right now I cannot take back my word so..."

The message was simple and clear: "Sou Rou, you cannot afford to lose!"

Her lips barely moved, her words got compressed into a string and only her young disciple, Sou Rou could hear them: this was a mental message, a way to communicate without anyone else knowing what was being told!

The young girl nodded when she heard the voice by her ear. She gracefully bowed at her master and headed towards the center of the stony plateau. When she walked up to there, she turned to look at Cheng Hao 'Just you wait... I will gain face back for my master and become the Head! To become the Sect Head, I won't hold back even if you are only a kid!'

Yin Hei was fuming "Damn them! Those two have played me for a fool! And now, that old monster is a mid level Reverend stage cultivator as well, I can't pressure those two as much as before!"

The First Protector turned to look at Zhao Bu and sent him a mental message as well "You have to crush that boy, understand? That technique is just something he used to scare us, I am sure he cannot use it too often, or else it would harm the body!"

Long Yin Hei was right: a technique that allowed a body to reach such speeds would indeed harm the body, but Cheng Hao had a Black Iron Rank Fleshly Body and the Roc's blessing made him able to manipulate the air surrounding him!

It would do absolutely no harm at all to him even if he were to keep going at such speeds for half an hour, the only problem would be the great consumption of energy which he could also ignore thanks to his Golden Aura.

Still, there was no way that Yin Hei could know that, so he was sure that his deduction was correct.

Zhao Bu gulped: he was the only one that felt the horrible killing intent when he had looked at the young boy on his shoulder and the child had looked back. He felt as if the one standing on his arm was not a boy younger brother than he was, but a vicious God of Death instead!

Still, he could not disobey his master, so he reluctantly bowed as well and also headed towards the center of the Arena. Once there, he glared at the boy with pure golden eyes 'I'll destroy you and gain my face back! I will show you the strength of one surnamed Zhao!'

Cheng Hao looked at the two youths glaring at him and he smiled back. His eyebrow twitched and a vein popped on his head 'These punks... I thought of letting them off, but they are actually glaring at me! Just wait and see if I don't mess with you properly!'

The beautiful girl Te Rin looked towards her master pleadingly. Shui Jing smiled playfully and shook his head pointing at her forehead. The girl bit her lip and clenched her fists.

Te Rin looked at Cheng Hao, observing the mysterious youth with despair and fear. Cheng Hao felt her gaze and turned. His eyes scanned her body and brightened with surprise and horror. He knitted his brows and he stared at the Fifth Protector with disdain.

He disappeared and reappeared right beside the young girl. He smiled kindly and extended his hand "Hi, my name is Cheng Hao, what is yours?"

Te Rin was startled but she soon recovered. She gulped "Name is Te Rin... Ni-nice to meet you..." She grabbed the boy's hand but as soon as she did so, Cheng Hao tightened his grip and tapped on her forehead. His fingers began to glow as they seemed to sink in the girl's body.