Chapter 55 - Sixth Leviathan, Megalodon

Cheng Hao licked his lips and looked at the barren lands surrounding him: not a single corpse could be seen in a radius of a mile from his body, as if they had all disappeared from the face of the world.

He lifted his left hand and a ball of light was revealed, the essence of a few thousand cultivators had actually been amassed in that small spot. The air trembled as electric sparks could be seen dancing on the sphere's surface like snakes made out of lightning.

Beside him, Goldy swallowed the red ball Cheng Hao had thrown him and then burped satisfied "Woah, Cheng Hao! We should go to war more often! A few more of these babies and I will break through the peak Superior stage and enter the Sung Realm! Do you know what that means?"

The boy stretched his arms and waist and then shook his head "You have nagged me ever since you got beside me that you would be able to transform into a human once you surpass the Reverend stage and step into the realm of the Ageless, but you forgot to tell me anything about that... Are you finally going to be useful?"

The golden snake that was floating in midair excitedly sighed "Even better! My, my... It looks like I need to tach you some new stuff, because you see... Once I step into the Sung stage..."

He leaned in "I will be only two stages away from the Ageless Realm!" The snake revealed with glinting eyes "At that time, even those not connected through Karma with me will be able to feast their eyes on my magnificence! Mwhaha, Breaking through feels so good!"

Cheng Hao "..."

Goldy trembled "W-Why do you look so angry, brat?"

The boy coldly spoke "Just absorb those cultivation bases quietly. If you make any noise I will be sure you reincarnate into the body of an old hag!"

The dragon whimpered and then coiled around the youth's feet "Please, don't! If you do that I will be the laughingstock among the other Primordial Beasts for a thousand, no, for a million years!"

Cheng Hao ruthlessly looked down and began counting "One... Two..." The dragon shivered and then dashed away "Alright, alright, your win, your win! I will just stand here, looking at you from afar! I am a simple bystander, don't care about me!"

The boy almost broke out laughing when he saw his companion's fleeing figure but then his expression turned serious. He stepped forward and suddenly bent his body backwards.

A large sabre appeared out of nowhere and slashed at him. The large body of one of the original ten, now nine, armoured men of the Shadow Legion appeared out of thin air.

The blade passed less than an inch from the boy's nose and the man's shoulders shook once from the shock when he saw his sneak attack had been dodged. Cheng Hao grabbed some sand from the ground and threw it behind him. His expression had long since turned serious and he jumped off the ground.

A thin man smiled beneath his own helmet as he also appeared behind the boy and prepaid to attack with his own weapon. Suddenly, his vision was blocked by the sand the child had thrown behind his body before, making him lose his vision and tumble.

The man fell but regained his lucidity in time: before he hit the ground he slashed horizontally at the boy's legs but the child was already in the air. The jump Cheng Hao had done before had been executed just in time to evade the attack by the man's longsword with three blades aiming at his legs.

Cheng Hao then turned in midair and beautifully dodged an arrow flying towards him. He landed on the ground, his whole figure tensed up as his right ear twitched.

He suddenly turned, his right hand flashed and caught a silvery object out of thin air. He threw the needle back from where it came from and an exclamation of surprise could be heard a few meters away from the boy, as the sound of the needle hitting steel rang out.