Book 1: Reborn - Part 3: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon - Prologue

"Xiao Wu, what's wrong?" Fan Lai asked. He yawned and looked at the young girl in front of him. It was way past three in the morning, still, she was wearing the sect robes and looked like she was about to sneak out.

He had come down from his room to drink some water and read some books and she found her sneaking around.

"W-Well... T-That's!" She stuttered. Fan Lai tilted his head in confusion when suddenly he heard noise coming from upstairs.

"Damn girl, going ahead without waiting for me!" A boy with pale blue skin stepped into the room, he also wore sect clothes and his Dimensional Pouch was hanging from his belt. When he saw Fan Lai, his expression froze.

"W-Well, hello Alliance Master, what a beautiful night, isn't it?" Fu Yin smiled and looked around.

Fan Lai sighed "Could someone please explain what is going on here? You know full well you cannot go out after midnight, it is one of the Alliance's rules".

Fu Yin and Xiao Wu exchanged a glance and then smiled "Sorry leader, you will have to go to sleep for a while!"

Fan Lai blinked once "What do you-"

His questioning was interrupted when Fu Yin and Xiao Wu kicked off the ground and each of them landed a solid kick on the older male's temples.

An unconscious Fan Lai fell to the ground, his eyes showing white.

Xiao Wu exhaled and nodded "This should keep him out of the picture for a few hours..."

Fu Yin tilted his head "I think that might have been enough for a few days actual-"

"Let's just hurry!" The girl snapped.

Xiao Wu sighed and then smiled. She kicked off the ground and flew out the window.

When she was about to fall back down, she summoned her Aura Sword and stepped on it.

After that, she pointed in front of her and the blade sped up. By doing so, she flew at high speeds towards the Great Walls separating the fourth ring from the third ring.

Fu Yin's eyes glinted "This girl... She never ceases to amaze me! She can actually go so fast!"

He grinned "But she is not the only one knowing that trick..." Fu Yin summoned the two Aura Spears and comfortably sat on them as he sped up, following Xiao Wu.

After a few minutes, they finally reached the Wall. Xiao Wu and Fu Yin stopped. The boy inhaled and gulped to calm down and then asked "Sis, are you still sure about doing it? I have a bad feeling about this... After all, would those old fools truly let their disciples fight it off? I think there might be something hiding beneath the surface..."

The girl laughed "What are you saying! The Nine Protectors' disciples are about to duel for the rights for their masters to become the new Sect Head, how could we possibly miss it!"

Fu Yin looked at her and sighed "I still don't even know how you got hold of this news, I was sure I had tapped all information from coming in... If you get hurt, big brother will skin me alive! Oh well, the dice has been cast, no need to worry about what mistakes we may have done, let's keep going!"

The girl nodded "Great! What's more..." She clenched her fists "Brother might be there!"

The girl turned "Brother, it has been two months, I can't wait to see you again and show you my newfound strength!"

Her black sect robes fluttered, on it were three, white stripes going from the right shoulder to her left ankle... Not one, not two, but three! She was an Inner Disciple!