Chapter 59 - Once And For All!

Lao Jianghu looked at the former first protector's body on the ground: the body was still split in two and it was lying in a puddle of black, putrid blood, not moving in the least.

"No, that guy is dead. This voice... Comes from deep down below the ground!" His expression turned serious and somewhat anxious as he made a hand seal.

Clouds churned and lightning crackled, countless rays of golden light shone from the ground and rose in the sky. They danced in the air and then assembled into a seal: every other light was eclipsed by the great object that had just appeared in the sky.

The gigantic golden seal towered over everything: it was enormous and incredibly complicated, with millions upon millions of words inscribed on top of it, each of them written in a mysterious ancient language.

The words and the geometrical shapes acted as huge chains of some sort to bind down two even huger figures: although they were apparently unconscious, maybe even dead, they still emitted an enormous amount of pressure!

The smallest of the two was an incredibly mighty tiger, its hide was composed of hundreds upon thousands of small golden shining weapons. Its eyes were closed, his chest rose up and down rhythmically, as if it were sleeping peacefully.

In front of the great tiger was an even bigger monster: it was a black dragon whose figure covered the whole sky above the Mysterious Light-Shadow Sect. Its black scales shone with chaotic purple and blue light while its whole figure made one want to cower from the terror it instilled into the heart of men.

He was terrifying to the most, thousands of sharp points made their way from the creature's head all the way down to his tail. His head was thin and pointy and many whiskers and horns adorned the ugly face of the slumbering dragon.

Suddenly, that mighty beast's breath stopped and everyone shut up, scared witless. No sound rang out for a long time, it was so silent that people could hear their own heartbeat. If a needle were to fall right then, it would be heard several miles away!

Cheng Hao gritted his teeth and turned towards the two Ancients and shouted "Quick! We have to run away! We have to get away from here NOW!" He kicked off the ground and grabbed the arms of his two new companions, dragging them away with him.

Thanks to his incredible speed, it only took a few breaths to appear a few miles away from the position they were in before, but even then, the golden seal shone down on them. It looked like it extended for countless miles over the horizon

"Damn! Can't run away, uh?" Cheng Hao cursed and stopped. Aster and Iris fell face first on the ground. The man groaned and then opened his mouth to protest.

No sound came out as his previously annoyed expression turned into terror.

Up in the sky, a black eyelid slowly rose, revealing an evil yellow eye. A vertical pupil widened and then went back to normal. It blinked a few times as it explored its surroundings. It then looked down onto the sea of people below as if it were looking at a fancy restaurant's menu.

It inhaled, an enormous nostril widened and then went back to normal as the beast seemed to taste the air.

The beast smiled as it fully awoke from many years of slumber. It breathed in and then glanced down again. It opened its mouth and the crowd felt their blood turn cold from the terror.