Part 49

Part 49

~~~

As Rys was still thinking on why Howl seems to have amnesia. She later realized that Howl's trying to close the distance between them. She yelped, quickly moving away from him as possible while her cheeks heated up. The man only let out a pout which was kind of unusual because he never did that in front of her. 

      "The hell you doing?" Rys was still in a blushing state when she asked the man in a scolding tone. The man gave her an innocent look and crossed his arms, still with that pout in his luscious lips.

     "I just want to kiss my mate."

     His bluntness made the girl mentally face palmed. Now, this made her confused more. Is he sick? Did he hurt his head? Rys doesn't know... She shook her head on his reply. "No, no. You don't want to kiss me."

     Howl looked hurt at that and whispered, contradicting what she said. "But I do."

     Rys's heart slightly gave out a leap of joy in her chest, but she placed that aside. She should not be happy. Howl's not in his right mind, obviously. Because why would he appear suddenly in front of her house with that kind of appearance.

      "No you don't," She said, determination in her face.

     The werewolf felt his heart crumbled. He was beyond confused on why she won't believe his words. Has he done something wrong? Or does she not accept him as her mate. His eyebrows furrowed. No, he won't let her reject him. They're fated...mated to be with each forever. He quickly grabbed her small hands, feeling the tingles soon after.

      "I do," He said softly.

     He didn't forget to stare right through her gorgeous green eyes, wanting her to see his true feelings behind his own brown eyes. Rys flinched when she saw that he was telling the truth. No, there must be something wrong. He can't just easily changed his feeling for her very fast. He loves Candy, not her.

     She looked away and took back her hand. "H-howl, stop."

     Howl felt daggers stabbing his heart with that simple words. What did he do? He looked at his girl and saw that she was hurt, but he doesn't know the reason why. He was about to ask when she ordered him to leave.

      W-why?

     Rys knew that he was puzzled. But she, too, was all confused with his affections for her. No, she doesn't want to take advantage of that. Howl doesn't truly love her. It must be the mate bond forcing him, controlling him.

    "Go," She mustered out again before pursing her lips in silence.

     The werewolf man clearly does not want to. As if he'll leave her after escaping that red haired girl back in the pack house. But because of her tone filled with anguish, he was forced to. He stood up from his seat with reluctance and left the house. As soon as the girl was sure that he had left, she let out a tired sigh.

     It was then moments later that she heard a knock...

<><><>Howl<><><>

He was not far away from his mate's house when he halted from walking. Will he really leave her because of that? After all the troubles. After all the times that he wanted her to be safe in his arms. No, no, he must not give up. He will surely know the reason on why she doesn't want him and then, he'll fix the "problem".

     He closed his eyes and breathed a sigh, recalling the touch of her hand. So small, so cold and yet, so pleasurable. A wind passed through him, but he doesn't feel the stinging cold. He soon later opened his brown eyes and turned around. Again, back to his beloved mate.

     But when, he was close enough to see the house's lights. He was able to get a sniff of the most revolting scent that he had ever get. And it was owned by a vampire, a sworn enemy of his werewolf kind. He quickly went in an alert mode, suddenly thinking of his mate.

     No, He growled at the thought of his mate being in danger. I wont't let that happen.

     He immediately shifted into his animal form and quickly charged to his mate's place. Only to see a man hugging his mate very tightly. He narrowed his brown eyes and instantly hid in a place that can't be seen. Changing back to his human form soon after, so it would be easier to hide.

      So, this is the reason why she refuses me... He thought. Pain flashed to his now-mad expression. We're mates and yet, she chose that man that was a vampire?! Does she even know that?! No, she must not know... His hands curled into a fist when he saw her reciprocate the affectionate hug. 

     No, my mate won't betray me He must have tricked her into thinking she's in love with him. He must known that we're mated with each other. Howl shook his head, not accepting the negative thoughts about his mate. He trust her; it's his mate after all.

     Watching the scene a little more. The werewolf tried his best to suppress the urge to kill the vampire because he knew that it won't turn out good. He was not still in his good condition, and he could sensed that the vampire had  just been  newly fed. The vampire and his mate hae finally stopped hugging, to his relief when...

      He saw the vampire's body tensed up. Howl quickly ducked down the bush, knowing that the vampire must have probably sensed his presence. He waited for minutes more before looking up, only to see the vampire kissing his mate's forehead.

     He felt his eyes darkened at the repulsive sight. But he maintained himself to be hidden. He told himself several times that he was not ready to pick up a fight. The vampire finally stopped giving intimate touches to his mate and left.

     Howl let out a sigh of relief and finally, revealed himself from his hiding spot. But his mate didn't see him for she immediately entered the house. As much as the man wanted to talk to his mate about what had happened a few moments ago, he decided to leave it for tomorrow. 

Sorry for late update :( been busy for awhile: