Chapter # 22

Fiza's POV:

The next morning I was busy making breakfast for myself. I thought this day would be a better day since I don't have to see my hubby's scowling face. But I was wrong because, after a few minutes, my hubby dear called me and ordered me to take Sadaf's school uniform at the gate. Rolling my eyes on my own fate, I stride towards the main gate and on opening the door, I find him stepping out his car, wearing a charcoal-coloured suit.

Is he going on a date? Or is he just happy with his newfound freedom?

"Assalam o Alaikum." I said, covering the distance.

"Wallaikum Assalam." He mumbled, taking in my whole appearance.

"Someone looks quite radiant and... different." He commented.

Of course, I would look different. The dress I am wearing is not mine. I borrowed it from Sumbul as I didn't bring any clothes with me.

"Thank you. You also look quite radiant today. Perhaps you feel more relaxed without us."

"Definitely not. I miss the kids and you too. Especially after the sweet goodbye kiss we shared. You don't have any idea of how much your sweet lips made me regret leaving you here." He slowly leaned back onto the car with a smirk on his face.

"Why did you come here this early in the morning?" I tried to change the topic. To be honest, I was taken aback by his attitude. He is acting very weird.

"She cannot go to school without her uniform, right?"

"She has a uniform. That night, Sheheryar gave me her uniform along with the kids' other clothes." I deliberately brought up the topic so whatever he is thinking would be clarified.

"Oh, so you went to his house that night?" He said after a pause with a taunting smirk.

"Went to his house? Yes. Went inside his house? No. I stayed in the car with Taha."

"Hm. Anyways, I should be going now. Allah Hafiz." He wrapped up the conversation and slides inside the car. He didn't stay nor did I try to stop him. As he left, a sudden uneasiness crept inside me.

I should've stopped him...

~*~

It has been two days since I have seen or heard about Ehtesham. He didn't call me after that day nor did he come to visit. What's more, he doesn't answer my calls too. I tried to call him a few times because it felt odd that Sheheryar was keeping in touch with the kids and Ehtesham doesn't. Therefore, just a day before Dada's death anniversary, I decided to go home. Chachu told me he could take me home before dropping off Sadaf to school and pick me up on his way back home. Finding it a great chance as Taha won't be waking up early, I agreed to go with him.

Chachu dropped me home and went. Thinking that Ehtasham might be sleeping at this time, I rang the doorbell and to my surprise, the intercom was answered earlier than expected, but the voice came from speakers didn't belong to Ehtesham. It was a woman. My eyes went wide and I stared at the speaker, unable to believe my ears.

Could this woman be...

Ya Allah...

Without even realizing, tears start forming in my eyes and slowly made their way on my cheeks.

"Open the door." Inhaling a deep breath, I ordered strictly.

"Who is there?"

"Wife of the owner of the house you are standing in."