Chapter # 51

****Eid Mubarak everyone :) ****

Unedited.

Fiza's POV:

Leaning against the headboard, I waited for Sheheryar's response. I told him about Ehtesham's calls and today's conversation with his mother. Spending all day at Qudsia's house made me tired and after that troublesome encounter with Ehyesham's mother drained all of my energy. The best thing happened was that no one in the house brought up this topic in front of me for the rest of the evening. After dinner, I directly come to my room with Taha and Sumbul took Sadaf with her to the guest room.

"I see... so, what he said?" Asked Sheheryar in his usual calm tone.

"I told you, I didn't listen to him at all."

"Hm... His calls were the reason you looked so troubled. I thought you were worried about your father."

"Both our relation and Baba Jani are important to me. I couldn't ignore any of it and,... I am sorry. I tried to tell you before, but couldn't find the right time." I said leaning to the headboard.

"Fiza, ... you made a big deal out of nothing."

"Hm?"

He chuckled and said, "Yes. Besides, I should be the one to say sorry here."

"Why?"

"Because I often meet Humaima and get calls from her but never thought of telling you about it."

"Oh!" I don't know how to respond but it shocked me a little.

"Hm, it isn't like I was planning to keep it a secret, rather it is unimportant to me."

"I see."

So such things are unimportant to him...

"Fiza..."

"Hm?"

"Why your mood suddenly changed?"

"No, it didn't."

"Tell me, do you mind my connection with Humaima?"

"... I don't know what sort of connection you have with her and why?" I didn't try to hide irritation and for some reason, he laughed at it.

"Why are you laughing?"

"I am just happy, It's rare for you to show your annoyance about the things that displeased you. Especially when it comes to me, so I am happy that you finally try to step out of the 'I have no problem' attitude."

I... guess I did...

"Listen, Humaima and I were both classmates, in short, we both belong to the same profession. So, directly or indirectly we had to contact each other because of work and since we both have some shares in a company so our meetings are unavoidable too."

"I didn't know that."

"Of course you don't, because I never told you. But I hope you don't avoid going on dinners with me from now on." He laughed again.

"I avoid because I don't want to leave kids at home, alone."

"I know. These types of dinners have no place for kids."

"Don't worry, they will go with us from now on."

"Oh? Why did you suddenly come to this decision?" He was enjoying himself.

"Just want to make sure that others don't misunderstand anything."

He laughed out loud and say, "To put it simply, you want to show that I am off-limits since I have a wife and kids???" I didn't answer him.