20: Confessions From A Drunk

As I got ready to sleep, the door knocked persistently.

It was raining heavily right now and I just wanted to coop inside my room all night.

Heaving a huge sigh, I climbed out of my bed and answered the door.

Surprisingly, it was boss.

He stood on my doorway, drenched from head-to-toe as he stumbled his way towards me

"Boss." I said, taking a step back as my eyes enlarged at the smell of alcohol.

He was drunk.

"You're drunk and you have came to the wrong place."

He chuckled, shaking his head. "I am very sober right now, babe. If I don't get to say what I want by tonight, I will not leave through this door."

I hissed, "I don't want to hear anything from you. Just leave."

"Just hear me out." He said through clenched teeth. I stood there frozen, staring at him.

"I thought that when I f*cked you, I will be able to forget you easily. Turns out, after that simple f*ck, it just made my life a whole lot worse." He paused, dragging his face down wearily.

"Everyday I am always thinking about you, I just can't get you off my mind."

He took a few steps towards me as he wrapped my petite figure in his arms.

"I may be a player, but I can't change the fact that I am madly in love with you, babe." He whispered against my ear, his hot breath fanning my neck.

I took a sharp intake of breath as I digested his words.

Why was my heart beating erratically? Why was I leaning into his touch unconsciously?

Have I also fallen in love with him as well?

I pulled away and glared at him through my thin eyelashes. "Why did you avoid me in the first place?"

He sighed, "I am confused with myself. I needed time to figure things out."

"And? What is your conclusion?" I urged, hoping the answer to be similar to what I wanted.

He raised his head to look at me. "I can't live a single day without you."

Instantly, my heart leapt out of my lungs as I smiled, leaning in as our lips met.

I moaned into his mouth as I wrapped my legs around his waist. Our lips molded against each other with passion and lust, the feeling I have missed for so long.

He laid me down onto the couch, his fingers skimming down my curves as he teased my bottom lips.

He pulled away, pecking my lips once more as he smiled. "I love you, babe."

A smile played on my lips as I blinked furiously. "I love you too."

"Good." He whispered against my skin, kissing his way down my neck.

I clamped my hands against his wet skin and groaned. "Can you at least get a bath?"

He pulled away and looked at me with a cheeky grin. "How about a bath with me?"

++++

I woke up to a sleeping Declan beside me. I can't help but to smile as I traced the features of his face softly.

Is this what it feels like to be in love?

As I was admiring his sleeping face, his hand reached out for my wrist as he peeled his eyelids open.

He shifted slightly towards me, kissing my knuckles. "What are you doing?" He asked huskily.

I smirked, "I am doing what a woman would do to her man."

He barked out a laugh, leaning in as he pecked my forehead.

His free hand reached up to my right cheek as he caressed my skin. "I don't mind waking up in this position every morning."

I looked down at our positions to see that our legs were tangled while our bodies were molded against each another.

I tilted up my head and shrugged casually, "I find it too warm."

"How about a cold bath instead?"

I narrowed my eyes into slits, "Didn't we bathed together last night?"

"We can save water again today." And with that, he carried me over his shoulder, spanking my ass cheeks in the process as he walked towards the bathroom.

What have I gotten myself into?

++++

Vote. Comment. Share

Enjoying this book? Add this book to your library and your reading list.

1st November 2016