Epilogue

Months later...

Putting down the bowl of congee, I licked my lips happily as my cravings were satisfied.

A tissue gently wiped away the remaining rice stuck to my lips as he smiled down at me. "Look at you, babe. I think I would never grow tired of watching you growing so plump each day."

I looked up at him with a frown settling on my face. "What are you trying to say? I'm fat?" I hissed, crossing my arms in anger.

Oh god. Ever since the pregnancy, my mood was constantly swaying. I have no idea how to control my temperament during this period, making me so frustrated at times.

He began to panic. "You know this isn't what I am trying to say, babe. Even if you wear extra size, I will still love you like before."

Instantly, as though a child was given a candy, my anger began to diminish upon his words.

I groaned aloud. "Why are you always so good with your words?"

"Isn't it the reason why I always seem to get you on bed?" He teased jokingly, pulling me onto his laps.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and let out a soft purr. "Really? I thought you were taking advantage of my hormonal sex cravings?" I retorted back with a smug smirk.

He grunted out loud in response. "As much as I tell myself not to touch you while you are still pregnant with our baby, I can't seem to keep my hands off you."

"I know you are just trying to make me feel better since I am getting so plump now." I sighed in despair, not liking the fact that as my bump was growing every day, my body size was also growing as well.

By the time I have given birth, all I get are fats and excess skin. Why is the process of having a baby so difficult than I thought it would be?

"Babe, look at me." He gripped my chin gently to face him. "Even if you grow more plump, I will still love you."

"I-" My words were cut off, my face scrunching up as a wave of pain hit me.

"Babe?" He shook my shoulders, looking at me with concern. I leaned into his touch, holding onto my belly protectively.

"The baby..." I trailed off, sweat trailing down my forehead.

"The baby? The doctor said our baby will be due next week." He whispered to himself as he began to panic upon noticing my state.

It wasn't until the water bag broke did my eyes widened. "The water bag broke. The baby..."

Without needing to be asked, he hurriedy carried me in his arms as he rushed out of the house in a hurry.

++++

"Push!" The doctor urged, making me push as hard as I could. My whole face turned red out of breath as the torment continued.

"I see the head already. Push!" I screamed out loud at the immense pain, clutching onto the sheets tightly.

As each second passed, I felt even more lethargic. I lost my voice and energy after exerting all my strength.

Eventually, I gave it all in and heard the sound of baby crying filling my ears.

I panted heavily, staring at the little figure craddled in the doctor's arms as he continued to cry.

"Congratulations, it's a baby boy." The doctor smiled.

I heaved a huge sigh in relief until I suddenly felt a wave of pain hitting me. I screamed out loud at the pain as I shifted uncomfortably on the bed.