Chapter 6 - A mystery

I was inspired by this :3

---------------

Behind every strong man

stands a woman who will not betray him  

-----------------

Tamiko paused in her steps while other pedestrians walked past her and through the doors before her. 11th of August. The first round of the preliminaries of the spring tournament was starting and all the volleyball clubs of the schools in the Miyagi region had come to the stadium. Tamiko was also there. As promised she had come to see her brothers team play and she wasn't the only one. When she reached the viewing platform, Yachi Hitoka and an old man were watching. She greeted the young blonde and gave her brother shout out and a wave when he saw her. Hinata Shoyo also spotted her and waved vigorously. Before the game began, another old man and two junior high kids also came to watch. She overheard him being addressed as Coach Ukai and she grinned to herself. When the match started, it was their ace's turn for the serve. It became a jump serve which scored the first point of the first set. Their captain managed to receive a ball which was a faint and over time Tamiko became more and more impressed. Especially when her brother got a point from his jump serve. But what really caught her attention was the hesitation of the opposing team. Somehow there was a lack of motivation she noticed from their body language. This was confirmed for her when she saw their reaction after Hinata's point gaining spike when he ran from one side of the net to the other. They began to slouch and defeat already crept onto their faces. During a timeout, a guy talked to them from the stands. Whatever he was telling them, it pumped them up and Karasuno gladly accepted their challenge. Tamiko couldn't help but smile at their sudden dedication, one of the player throwing himself into bottles to keep the ball in the air. In the end Karasuno won and Tamiko clapped not only for them.

Before the next game she stayed up on the balcony and talked with Ukai. She told him about coach Washijo and how he was still lively and bossing his team around. The old man had to laugh at that and told her how they both always had opposite philosophies in their training. Since he was not in any condition to take over Karasuno once more, he left it's future in his grandson's hands. When the court was prepared for the next game, more people started to gather. Tamiko heard them talk about a player who was 2 meters tall and she quickly spotted him. And he really was tall, at least a head taller than all of his teammates. When the match started she kept a close eye on the opposing team. She didn't know much about the sport but could tell that the tall guy was used for the points.After a timeout and only one point gained, Karasuno changed their game. Hinata managed to get a point from a faint and then Tobio talked with the captain. Whatever they were talking about, it made Hinata anxious and excited at the same time.

"Huh? He's really sparkly." Yachi noticed.

"He looks just like my dog when he is really hungry." one of the boys noted and Tamiko laughed.