Chapter 18 - A date?

"You wouldn't believe what I did." Tamiko gasped and dropped onto her bed.

After the movie she had fled into her room and dialed the number of her trust. She rolled herself up in her blanket and pressed her phone against her ear. This was an urgent matter and had to be disgust thoroughly.

"Is it good or bad?" Izumi asked through the phone.

"I don't know." Tamiko said.

"What did you even do?" Izumi asked.

"I asked Ushiwaka to meet up with me tomorrow?" she said nervously through her teeth.

There was silence. Long deathly silence.

"Izumi?" Tamiko asked to make sure she was still there.

"You did what?" there was a lot of disbelief in her voice.

"I asked him to meet up with me tomorrow." she repeated.

"Why? What are you two gonna do? You do realise that that is a date right? God, I have so many questions!" Izumi squealed.

"It's not a date!" she defended herself. "I'm just gonna meet up with him."

"May I know what the occasion is? Why did you ask him?" she asked curiously.

"Well, I was in town today and Tobio and I bumped into Tendou and Ushijima. We had a coffee and talked a lot but Ushijima didn't say a word." she told her.

"And that was bothering you?" Izumi wondered.

"Yeah." Tamiko nodded.

Izumi was glad that they weren't face to face, otherwise Tamiko would have seen the big grin creeping over her face. This is great, she thought. Tamiko will hold the deal. She wasn't even sure is Tamiko remembered the deal, but Izumi sure did. I will not let you graduate high school without having gone on at least one date, kissed at least one guy and had at least one boyfriend. She remembered them very well. And now she needed help.

"Okay. What are you planning to do with him?" she asked, getting down to business.

"I don't know." Tamiko confessed.

"Seriously? You're meeting up with him without a plan?" Izumi was surprised.

"I didn't think that far ahead." Tamiko sheepishly sank into her blanket.

Izumi made some thinking noises. This was a first the Tamiko didn't think ahead. She always planned things out to a ridiculous extend. This time her heart was faster than her brain.

"Well, I got an idea, but you wouldn't like it." Izumi said after a while.

"And what?" Tamiko asked curiously.

"Why don't you give him our tickets? As a late birthday present." Izumi said with a hard seriousness.

"No!" Tamiko gasped.

"Tamiko." Izumi's voice was serious. "Give him the tickets. Just do it. You wouldn't regret it. I promise."

-------------

"Wakatoshi-kun, let's go and have dinner." Tendou urged.

He was standing in the door frame of Ushijima's dorm room, slouching against the frame. Ushijima was sitting at his desk, looking at his phone. They had just returned from short walk when his phone had chimed. Now he was reading.

"Hold on. I need to reply first." Ushijima said and began to type.

"Who are you writing to?" Tendou asked.